Swedish Nationals | Golden Skate

Swedish Nationals

Eevun

Final Flight
Swedish Nationals was last weekend, 3-7 Dec.

Results

MEN
1 Kristoffer BERNTSSON 196.59 1 1
2 Alexander MAJOROV 180.38 3 2
3 Anton TRUVÉ 121.56 4 3
4 Jimmy KARLSSON 115.83 5 4
WD Adrian SCHULTHEISS

Videos:
Men SP
Men FS

Poor Adrian had to withdraw due to fever and a cold :frown: Kristoffer didn't skate a perfect skate, but won with good margin down to Alexander Majorov, neither him doing a good program. But watch out at Euros, this kid will be dangerous when he skates a clean program! He impressed much at Golden Spin a couple of weeks ago!
:clap: for Jimmy, new really good PB! He skates very interesting programs, and he's the older brother of my former high school classmate, so I cheer some extra for him :biggrin:

LADIES
1 Viktoria HELGESSON 157.46 1 1
2 Linnea MELLGREN 126.02 2 3
3 Angelica OLSSON 119.79 3 2
4 Nanna NILSSON 106.71 5 4
5 Maria TALJEGÅRD 103.04 4 5
6 Lou LUNDBÄCK 97.56 6 6
7 Sandra DIVINYI 95.70 7 7
8 Fredrica LASOME 90.21 9 9
9 Izabell LINDSTRÖM 80.86 10 11
10 Kristine GUSTAVSSON 79.23 13 10
11 Emanuella WALLIN 77.64 11 13
12 Victoria WALKER 77.13 12 12
13 Linda NORBERG 66.62 14 14
NQD Sofia OTALA

Junior LADIES
1 Joshi HELGESSON 146.57 1 1
2 Isabelle M OLSSON 118.68 2 2
3 Rebecka EMANUELSSON 116.87 3 3
4 Malin TALJEGÅRD 104.34 5 4
5 Malin MAGNUSSON-RUF 103.10 4 7
6 Karolina HALLQVIST 99.19 6 6
7 Maja OLSSON 97.35 10 5
8 Emelie FAGERLIND 92.72 7 8
9 Christine ADRIAN 88.59 8 11
10 Sandra REIMER 87.27 9 12
11 Jenny ERIXON 85.95 14 9
12 Ida SULTAN 84.50 11 14
13 Lina WINGREN 84.47 15 10
14 Ida ERIKSSON 82.20 16 13
15 Erika LIND 79.95 13 16
16 Linnea ELEBRING 79.44 17 15
17 Lisa PERSSON 78.18 12 19
18 Malin TRUVÉ 75.32 19 17
19 Malin SVENSSON 72.56 22 18
20 Agnes LINDBLOM 70.95 23 20
21 Sofia GÖRANSSON 70.47 18 21
22 Nathalie LINDQVIST 66.47 21 23
23 Isabelle Ö OLSSON 66.07 24 22
24 Emma ERIKSSON 65.39 20 24

This will a real fight between the sisters Victoria and Joshi. They are now deciding who'll go to Euros in Finland...

Links to videos Ladies, Juniors, Novice

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you for the update! A big congratulations to Kristoffer! :clap: How many Swedish titles has he won now? I'm staring to lose count. :p

It's strange for me to see only a handful of competitors in the men's field. :scratch: There are always too many male skaters in Canada (not that it's a bad thing ;)), so a qualifying event must be held before the Canadian Nationals. Is figure skating a really unpopular sport for boys in Sweden even though it's a winter country?

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
Will this prevent Schultheiss' from skating in Euros and Worlds?

No. SM isn't for deciding who'll go. Well, of course it's a chance to show how good you are, but the final deciding is made of SKF (the Swedish federation). When Adrian won SM in Dec 2005, he and Koffe went to Euros -06, but Koffe was the one who went to both Oly and Worlds., since he was the best on a stable level. Adrian was too much a wild card to send there back then. I don't think Adrian could have manage to get Sweden 2 spots as Koffe has done several times.
Koffe, Adrian and Sasha will go to Euros and I think Adrian and Koffe is the ones for Worlds. Sasha isn't good enough yet. SKF weighs much into safety and routine.

Thank you for the update! A big congratulations to Kristoffer! :clap: How many Swedish titles has he won now? I'm staring to lose count. :p

It's strange for me to see only a handful of competitors in the men's field. :scratch: There are always too many male skaters in Canada (not that it's a bad thing ;)), so a qualifying event must be held before the Canadian Nationals. Is figure skating a really unpopular sport for boys in Sweden even though it's a winter country?
7th title in the senior level! :clap: Haven't participate twice and lost it to Adrian once.
Sweden isn't that big. We're only 9 million inhabitants ;) But figure skating is mostly a girl-sport, yes. That's why it's so fun that our greatest success is male :agree: No doubt Koffe, and now also Adrian, have help to make it more popular even for guys. And they see a huge increase of kids, but also grown up, that want to start skating, thanks to Worlds in March and the first season of Stars On Ice this fall.

The proud winter sports here are all forms of skiing, we've got a lot of success there, and ice hockey. Figure skating is a little bit odd, and I think it's just recently people have understand that it's actually a sport.
But I think figure skating is in the beginning of some golden years here in Sweden :)

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
7th title in the senior level! :clap: Haven't participate twice and lost it to Adrian once.

Wow, 7 times! :rock: I know that I sound like a broken record, but it never ceases to amaze me how awesome Koffe is. :cool:

Sweden isn't that big. We're only 9 million inhabitants ;)

For some strange reason I thought it would be around 15 million. Don't ask me why, my brain works in funny ways. :laugh:

Canada has a population of about 33 miliion, and the US is about 10 times that. We have 6 men's singles world champions vs. their 8, so the depth of talent is quite deep despite our relatively small size. We freaked out a little when Jeff Buttle retired, but it looks like Patrick Chan is doing just fine. ;)

But figure skating is mostly a girl-sport, yes. That's why it's so fun that our greatest success is male :agree: No doubt Koffe, and now also Adrian, have help to make it more popular even for guys. And they see a huge increase of kids, but also grown up, that want to start skating, thanks to Worlds in March and the first season of Stars On Ice this fall.

Even though Canada is very proud of its male figure skaters, the sport is still seen as somewhat "girly" (though I imagine the stigma may not be as bad as in the US). Hockey, which is practically a religion here, is still the favourite choice for boys. There are far more girls who figure skate recreationally, but a larger percentage of boys move on to the competitive ranks. I have NO clue why it's like that. :unsure: I've never been to a novice or junior figure skating competition, but I've been told by others that even at that level, the boys are always more exciting to watch than the girls.

I'm glad to hear that Koffe and Adrian might be chaging things around! As far as I'm concerned, the more boys sign up for this sport, the better. :biggrin: It's cool that Stars on Ice will begin touring in Sweden. It's about time, I say!

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
It's cool that Stars on Ice will begin touring in Sweden. It's about time, I say!
Oops, my bad! I meant Dancing with the Stars. But if you translate it from swedish it's called Stars on Ice. I forgot that SoI is a show.