Chris Mabee has officially retired | Golden Skate

Chris Mabee has officially retired

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
fumie_fumie already reported the rumour in the Nationals Events sections, but I finally found an article which confirms it. You can read it here: http://www.oxfordreview.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1339123

Can't say that I'm surprised. From the moment I first heard Chris say that he wanted to take time off this season, my intuition said, "Nope, he ain't coming back." I'm not a fan, but it's kinda sad that he didn't fulfill all of his potential. However, he has lost his will to compete and appears ready to move on with his life. I wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Oh! Say it ain't so!!! I will miss seeing Chris. He and Jeff were good friends. I will always remember the great back to back skates Jeff and Chris had at Canadians when Jeff won his first Canadian title in 2005. It was an inspiring night in Canadian men's figure skating. I thought for sure Chris would be a close contender with Jeff. Oh well. I wish Chris all the best and hope we have not seen the last of his skating.

Thanks for this.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've always liked Chris, and I'll miss him in the eligible ranks. That said, I hope we still get to see him a lot as a pro.