Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music change

nefertiti..reincarnate

Music change

Miki might change her LP music at GPF.

Her fans have noticed the change in her ISU bio, renewed as of morning Dec. 10th, and since no error amendment has been made after waitng all day, the following chould be something true.

http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00005594.htm

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It sounds like an interesting choice of music! I hope it's true!

Custom Title
    I've been trying to find video clips from Miki's practice of a new program here. I will let you know as soon I hear any buzz about Saint-Saens.

mmmmm....Donut spin :) Kimmie Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    I've been trying to find video clips from Miki's practice of a new program here. I will let you know as soon I hear any buzz about Saint-Saens.
    That Saint-Saens music is from the movie Babe.

That'll do Miki!

Custom Title
    The judges preferred Nakano's version of Giselle at SA by a noticeable margin on the PCS, so this was probably the right move.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    I will let you know as soon I hear any buzz about Saint-Saens.
    Thanks. Looking forward to hearing any news.

Morozov seems good at adapting and editing different music choices to his choreo that is already in form, so there's possibility that this change is true.

Custom Title
    OK, SBS evening news confirmed that Miki rehearsed her 'new' long program today.
    The clip that they showed was too short to tell any changes though.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Kyodo, one of the major news suppliers, confirmed Miki's music change.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/08...1922004-n1.htm
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/fla...081211098.html

They write that Miki said she and Morozov estimated Giselle to be less impressive when shared with Yukari, and that she is very comfortable with her new music,
    Last edited by sorcerer; 12-11-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Very interesting. She seemed to enjoy Giselle, but maybe for PR reasons did not want a "Battle of the Giselles" with Yukuri. Also, Yukuri's interpritation was better, so Miki loses in a side by side comparison.

Custom Title

Music Change

Giselle is beautiful graceful music. Ando is not graceful so I don't understand how it was thought she could pull it off. The comparison to Yukuri makes Ando look even more clumsy, IMHO. Ando needs jumping music--how about Jumpin Jack Flash?

Dizzy

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    I thought Miki was great in her LP at Cup of China (and so did Chris and Nicky). She has her moments of clumsiness, but considering that her shoulder can pop out even as he is turning in her sleep, she is doing quite well indeed.
    But you are of different opinion, dizzydi7, and I could come to respect that... I'll tell you what: let's meet and I'll rip your arm of its socket. Then we'll patch it back, and you'll dance to Giselle. If you pull a more graceful Giselle than Miki, I'll totally admit that you were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    I thought Miki was great in her LP at Cup of China (and so did Chris and Nicky). She has her moments of clumsiness, but considering that her shoulder can pop out even as he is turning in her sleep, she is doing quite well indeed.
    But you are of different opinion, dizzydi7, and I could come to respect that... I'll tell you what: let's meet and I'll rip your arm of its socket. Then we'll patch it back, and you'll dance to Giselle. If you pull a more graceful Giselle than Miki, I'll totally admit that you were right.

Thank you Okami

I would like to see that as well.

With all of Miki's injuries, it's really amazing what she can still do.

And as you said, she has her moments of clumsiness, same as almost every other skater out there.

Custom Title

Music change

Sorry if my comment was insulting to Ando and her fans. But honestly, even before her shoulder injury, Ando was not a graceful skater. Her claim to fame has been her outstanding jumping ability.

Dizzy

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Well, I would request graceful conversation when talking about grace.

IMO, in her LP tomorrow Miki will interpret Miki herself on ice ... her ups and downs, her agony, what she aspires.
    I'm pretty sure on this, because that's what she had intended to express through Giselle.

PS: To perceive grace one needs to understand grace and its various resonance in various forms.

Custom Title
    This is a clip of Miki rehearsing new LP.

http://www.mgoon.com/view.htm?id=1873073

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast