If you were a dog | Golden Skate

If you were a dog

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Here's my result:

No bones about it, you're an energetic, devoted Chihuahua. For your breed, size definitely doesn't matter. After all, sometimes the best things (diamonds, car keys, Godiva truffles) come in small packages. Honest and straightforward, you're never afraid to speak up for what you believe in, especially if it's a cause near and dear to your heart. Having such a passionate personality can come with a few drawbacks, though. You can be moody at times, and people often find it hard to live up to your high standards. But once you make a friend, it's for life. Saucy and intense, your energy and unfailing loyalty make you a great companion. Woof!
:laugh:

Yup, here's a photo of me: :D
http://i.emode.com/dog/images/chihuahua.gif

guinevere

Final Flight
RealtorGal, I too am a chihuahua. I was bummed until a actually read the description. Now I have a sudden craving fro Taco Bell!!

guinevere

mmandel

On the Ice
Pit Bull :confused:

No bones about it, you're a commanding Pit Bull with a bite as big as your bark. Authoritative and aggressive, the power position is the only one for you — and you never have trouble making that crystal clear. A bit quick-tempered, you can be a little intimidating — though you hardly ever attack unprovoked. Taken aback by our insight? Don't despair! You have several redeeming qualities. Very low-maintenance, you're not one to fall victim to superficiality. You say it like it is and don't waste time playing head games. Just make sure to keep your scowl and growl in check so people can get close enough to notice and appreciate your positive side. Woof!

Rgirl is an RGolden Retriever. At least the initials match, backwards.

Golden Retriever
No bones about it, you're a popular, fun-loving Golden Retriever. Adored by all and too cool for school, you're extroverted and enthusiastic. Your magnetic personality makes you the life of any bash. Since you're a true people-dog, you genuinely love all kinds of social gatherings. Going to parties, dinners, and other shindigs is the best way to add faces to your constantly growing circle of friends. But besides being on the social A-list, you're a confident, well-rounded pup who's definitely something to bark about. Pretty accomplished at anything you set your mind to, your sunny nature and winning ways make you one of everyone's favorite dogs. Woof!
13% of Emode members are GRs.
10% of the world are GRs.
23% of GRs use desk calendars; only 9% use palm pilots. That's me, I'm a calendar Rgirl.
The four photos of guys who were also GRs didn't do a thing for me.

Rgal--
I would have thought I too would have been a Chihuahua from their description. Plus, I love Chihuahuas (see below). Guinivere, don't know you well enough to know if Chihuahua seems right. Did it seem right to you?

Mmandel--
Pit Bull? You do not strike me as a Pit Bull at all, at least by Emode standards. Aren't you a nurse? What did you have to answer to get Pit Bull? Anyway, you must be a special breed of especially nice Pit Bull (no offense to Pit Bull owners--I know many who love them dearly).

Angie and Pookie,
What are the personality descriptions for Yorkshire Terriers and Saint Bernard?

I think GRs are great dogs, but I just melt for Basenji-Terrier-Pug mixes. We had one from when I was 10 to when I was 21--Chantzi. Never saw a dog who wore her "heart on her face" the way Chantzi did. Everybody who entered our house fell in love with her. Then Chantzi got a Chihuahua "buddy" named Boo Boo. Chantzi hated Boo Boo at first, Chantzi being #1 dog, and all poor Boo Boo wanted to do was be friends and play. Then one day we caught Chantzi playing a little with Boo Boo. We said, "Aww, Chantzi!" Chantzi was totally humiliated, but she and Boo Boo were inseperable after that. Decades after Chantzi and Boo Boo had died, our family would still get choked up talking about them. I know, off topic. Does Emode have Basenjis on the list? I also think Italian Greyhounds are gorgeous, wonderful dogs, though mostly I prefer a good mutt.
Rgirl

Last edited:

Pookie

Final Flight
Here's mine, Rgirl. I was in a hurry and didn't read it all yesterday .

No bones about it, you're a dedicated, trustworthy St. Bernard. Loyal and good-hearted, you're as reliable as they come. Your naturally protective personality is reflected in the way you treat people close to you. Sheltering your nearest and dearest from harm (or bad news, for that matter) is high on your priority list. That attitude earns you lots of gold stars, not to mention respect. People admire your strong morals — and how well you stick to them! Focused, steadfast, and determined, you always aim to please. It's a breed like yours that makes the world a better place — woof!

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I'm a Bernese Mountain Dog...I can't even think of what this dog looks like.

No bones about it, you're a good-hearted, people-loving Bernese Mountain Dog. Down-to-earth and loyal, no one works or plays harder than you do. You put your nose to the grindstone when it really counts, but you never neglect your social calendar. Simultaneously strong and sweet, you're very tuned-in to the feelings and needs of the other dogs you run with. Without having to be asked, you always have a helping paw to lend and a sympathetic shoulder to lean on. "Communication" is your middle name, and when that's paired with your unswerving devotion, you get a breed that everyone respects and trusts. Woof!

Chele615

Rinkside
I am also a German Shephard

No bones, about it, you're a loyal, hard-working German Shepherd. Dedicated and always low-maintenance, people flock to you — they know they can count on you to get any job done, and done well. That focus and attention to detail spans from your personal to your professional life, too. Although you can be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the projects you tackle, you still manage to keep cool and laid-back in social situations. You get a kick out of the little things and thrive when you're constantly busy and on-the-go. Easygoing and unpretentious, you don't need constant pampering and reassurance. A genuine, carefree pup, you're a true-blue friend, employee, and partner. Woof!

4dogknight

Final Flight
This result really surprised me.

Scottish Terrier

No bones about it, you're an adventurous Scottish Terrier. Fearless, feisty, and always up for a challenge, you like having things your way. Some people might even label you stubborn or headstrong. But we know you're just ambitious and motivated. (Being misinterpreted is such a trial, isn't it?) Besides, your can-do attitude serves you well when facing challenges at work or in your personal life. No job is too big, and absolutely no obstacle is going to stand in your way. You're always ready, willing, and able to rise to the challenge. A loyal, caring friend, you choose your pals very carefully, then stick by them through thick and thin. Woof!

Well I have to go help our three four-foots protect our property and the surrounding area from renegade squirrels, itinerant roadrunners and the evil UPS trucks.

4dk

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Kara Bear said:
I'm a Bernese Mountain Dog...I can't even think of what this dog looks like.

No bones about it, you're a good-hearted, people-loving Bernese Mountain Dog. Down-to-earth and loyal, no one works or plays harder than you do. You put your nose to the grindstone when it really counts, but you never neglect your social calendar. Simultaneously strong and sweet, you're very tuned-in to the feelings and needs of the other dogs you run with. Without having to be asked, you always have a helping paw to lend and a sympathetic shoulder to lean on. "Communication" is your middle name, and when that's paired with your unswerving devotion, you get a breed that everyone respects and trusts. Woof!

I'm a Bernese Mountain Dog too. I guess this is what they look like (never having seen one myself). They are rather cute :) !

http://www.berner.org

Aw, Pookie and Kara Bear, "no bones about it" (could they use that phrase a little more often, lol) your dog personalities are so you! And the Bernese Mountain dog looks so sweet! Not meaning to leave out Chele and Sk8er1964; I just don't know you. But based on your German Shepherd description, Chele, I'd sure hire you for a great job!

And 4DK, of course I don't know you personally, but from the forum I would never describe you as "stubborn and headstrong." You just strike me as someone who knows what she likes and is confident about her opinions. LOL about protecting your house from the "evil UPS truck." We had some small mutts with terrier in their mix when I was a kid; we also had rabbits. We'd let the rabbits out in the back yard to run around and boy, those dogs LOVED to corral the rabbits when it was time for them to go back in the hutches. After a successful cornering, they would walk around so cool, like "We bad, we bad."

It is amazing to me how the behavior of a breed is so genetic. Some friends have always had border collies and every one, despite having very different personalities, would try to "round up" anythng from the time they were puppies.

GrGranny, what was the profile for a collie?

Also, did anybody else get the percentage of how many people in the world and Kmode were their breed? Like for mine, Golden Retriever, 10% of the world and 13% of Emode clients were GRs. Or any other info, like the percentage of your breed that use palm pilots vs. desk calendars or something like that? Just curious. Besides, even though I'm sure these are ridiculous, they are fun, lol.
Rgirl

Sadie

On the Ice
you're a Bernese Mountain Dog!

No bones about it, you're a good-hearted, people-loving Bernese Mountain Dog. Down-to-earth and loyal, no one works or plays harder than you do. You put your nose to the grindstone when it really counts, but you never neglect your social calendar

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Rgirl, I don't remember and I think I erased everything. I got a zillion pop ups from it and cancelled my subscription and blocked their address. And I'm not going back and doing it again. :laugh:
If I find I still have anything on it, I'll tell you.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Kara Bear, Sadie, Sk8er1964....looks like we're in the same dog pen! A Bernese Mountain Dog? Okay. At least we are damn cute!

It's okay, Grgranny. I was just curious and it's not worth the gazillion pop-ups (I got those too) and SPAM. I have no doubt that if you're a collie, then it's a wonderful, loving, and very cool dog:)
Rgirl

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am a Chihuahua. I don't even like them!!!

It's really funny, because the first thing people notice about me when they look is how small I am. So hmmm, may be they are onto something here...

JOHIO2

Medalist
OK, this test says I'm a POODLE. If I AM a poodle, I opt for the puppy cut, 'cuz I sure don't want to have to keep up those funny cuts!

At least poodles are elite. Only about 2% of the people taking the quiz are poodles!

Wow, Johio, congratulations. And I thought I was elite as a Golden Retriever with only 10%. Plus you're our first poodle! BTW, don't be too embarrassed by the classic poodle cut. Those poms on their butts, for example, are there to keep their hips warm. Though somehow I don't think that's a fashion trend that's going to catch on with people;)

There weren't that many questions on the quiz. I wonder what it is that distinguishes a Golden Retriever from a Poodle? Like could they be the same except one would have a cheeseburger and fries for lunch every day and the other would have a salad? I want to know their statistical methods, dammit!
Rgirl