Iditarod set with 73 mushers! | Golden Skate

Iditarod set with 73 mushers!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
here's the roster for the 2009 Iditarod Sled Dog Race

http://www.iditarod.com/race/musherlisting.html

I've got 3 must cheer for people this year - Mitch Seavey, and then his son and daughter-in-law Dallas and Jen Seavey. Dallas is the youngest musher to ever finish (he turned 18 the day before the start of the race in 2005) and this is Jen's rookie year. Dallas will be semi-competitive (first time for him) and Jen is running Mitch's puppy team. Mitch, the 2004 Iditarod Champion, will -of course- but running the A team :)

Buser, King, and Mackey are also on the roster - not that we'd expect anything different.

It's gonna be a GREAT race... I'm considering attending the real start as well as the ceremonial start :) Can't wait!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
March is certainly a great month, Worlds and the Iditarod!

Toni, you should definitely go to both starts! After all, you're an insider to sled dogs!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the main reason I never go to the official start in Willow is because 1. It's almost two hours out in teh winter time and I'd have to drive by my lonesome and 2. it's always on a Sunday and I have sunday school kidlets to teach... though I might skip this year (I co-teach with someone else)... I just always feel guilty about it considering in Jan I'll be gone for 2 Sundays (Disney!!!!) and I don't like to leave my 'partner' hanging!

We'll see! :)

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Boy, the 2009 Iditarod artwork is BEAUTIFUL. Check out the basic t-shirts, hats, etc. with the closeup of the husky/malamute-type sled dog's head. Just breathtaking. Also love the special 2009 long-brim cap showing the whole team running out onto the brim -- cool!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I know! I love it

the official racer/volunteer hats aren't nearly as cool!