Ladies SP | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Wrlmy

Medalist
Whee! I wish another clean event.
There are so many talents in this group. Fujisawa is a real deal.

oleada

Record Breaker
Maxwell fell on a 3Lz attempt. Fantastic program, though. Bereswill singled her lutz. Szmiett might have doubled her flip.

Sdongxie

On the Ice
Maxwell fell on a 3Lz attempt. Fantastic program, though. Bereswill singled her lutz. Szmiett might have doubled her flip.

I can see it...Angela hasn't got her 3lz solid enough...Now I wish Alexe Gilles can skate to her best... They two are my favorite Junior skaters this year... Very elegant style and not so Juniorish...

oleada

Record Breaker
Amanda Dobbs - good skate, she also has a good program. Loads of transitions. She's a bit awkward, but uses her arms well. Needs a bit more speed, though and her 3T combo might have been pre-rotated.

oleada

Record Breaker
Murakami - she is so cute! Fab skate! 3(f)lutz, 3F+2T, 2A. Great musicality and interpretation. I think her lutz was a bit short on rotation, though. First lady to break 50 tonight. :) So far, she's my favorite.

oleada

Record Breaker
Gilles was also great. I suspect she will go into first. She hit everything and has a lovely mature style.

oleada

Record Breaker
Fujisawa - bombed unfortunately. 1 fall, 1 pop. 2Axel good. Unfortunately, it affected her presentation.

oleada

Record Breaker
Ah. That might explain why she withdrew from her sectionals and didn't do so well at Nationals.

Musademba - bad skate. 3F fall and no combo, 3Lz step out, not a very interesting performance to be honest. I'd have her behind Maxwell. I think she messed up a spin, too.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I fell asleep, and the result is very different from what I expected. Good job Alex!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Gilles leads after ladies short in Korea

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081211&content_id=57209&vkey=ice_news

Five American ladies qualified for the SBS ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating (JGP) Final in Goyang City, Republic of Korea. In Thursday's short program, one of those ladies jumped to the lead, but it was not the top qualifier.

Alexe Gilles, who finished sixth at last year's Final, won the short program with a season-high 54.24 points while skating to "The Girl with the Flaxen Hair." Although she doubled the second jump in a planned triple toe-triple toe combination, positive Grades of Execution on her triple Lutz and double Axel vaulted her to the top of the standings.