Men's LP | Golden Skate

Men's LP

oleada

Record Breaker
Ellaj Balde - had a solid skate. Heavy on the ice.

Denis Ten - ABSOLUTELY ROCKED! Partial standing O! Landed a 3A+2T and 3A with a turnout. I love this guy!

oleada

Record Breaker
Gachinski - very young and talented. Landed a huge 3A (with hand) and a great 3A+2T. Some mistakes though: fall on the 3Lz and a doubled flip. I think he has a bright future.

TAT was so excited over Denis Ten's skate, btw. :laugh: She was hugging some random chick by the boards after it was over.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Denis Ten skated the freaking lights out. One step-out on the solo 3A, perhaps underrotated - but the rest.... A divine 3A-3T, every other Triple landed with soft landings and very sure. What a guy. His ice coverage was also so much better than yesterday. PCS seemed low to me, especially since the performance was so clean and just belonged together. And the guys is just 15 - how bad can growth spurts affect the men? I remember Plushenko struggling a bit at 16 or 17, but he coped very quickly.

And I am glad to know that he will be able to go to Worlds in 2009. He needs experience.

Gachinski has some work to do in my opinion, his jump landings look very insecure, he is looking a bit awkward, channelling Pluschenko a bit too early for his age...

Sdongxie

On the Ice
Actually, Denis is just two months older than Artur.. But now he is far more better I think...

oleada

Record Breaker
I didn't think Artur was bad actually. I enjoyed his skate. Obviously at this stage, Ten is more advanced, but Artur is very young and in his second season on the JGP.

Bariev - only did a 2A but no falls. I enjoyed him more yesterday. He had a great step sequence.

oleada

Record Breaker
Johnson - only did 2A and popped a 3Loop to a single. Lyrical skater with nice MITF sequence. His spins are quite slow, though.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Alexander Johnson is actually not a bad skater - but his jumps look small, including his 2A. Will he ever be able to do 3A?

Dornbusch landed scratchy 3A...

oleada

Record Breaker
I wonder about Johnson's 3A. His double is TINY and very tilted in the air. It was his weakest jump by far.

I agree, I enjoyed him. - sorry it didn't come across my dry commentary ;)

Dornbush - lots of speed and flow and musicality, but he made key errors today. Step out on 3Lz and a popped combo. Scratch 3A.

oleada

Record Breaker
Mahbanoozadeh - I missed the beginning. He is a solid skater who does everything he does very well. I loved the entrances to all his jumps and his spins were good too. I really like him! Seems like a sweet kid too. :thumbsup:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Baby-Frenchman rocked the house!!!! 8 Triples!!! Including two 3As! Standing Ovations!

Win! He is all happy! He can't believe it.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Florent Amodio - amazing, fabulous, gush, gush, gush. Standing O. Two 3A and 8 triples and great presentation, what more could you ask for? I almost cried.

oleada

Record Breaker
Florent's Skate :rock: Still in awe.

I am amazed at the junior men! They were fantastic both yesterday and today. There was only 1 deduction in the entire competition. The skating was fabulous.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
TAT was so excited over Denis Ten's skate, btw. :laugh: She was hugging some random chick by the boards after it was over.

That chick was Ten's coach Elena Buyanova :biggrin:

About growth spurt affecting men - actually, Gatchinski was pretty badly affected.