GP Dance - What's with B/A | Golden Skate

GP Dance - What's with B/A

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I've been out of the loop this season with skating - mostly b/c I've not seen it on TV and thus, have not been inclined to post.

I know B/A have new coaches and are adjusting etc. However, they placed 4th in the OD - granted, just a smidgen behind the Italian team but I'm surprised by this. I don't find the Italian team that strong - In fact, I'd say they are not even as strong as D/W - who are in last. Did they skate that well or have B/A faultered - or am I just missing something......

rosee

On the Ice
I liked F/S's OD better because it suited more to the theme. B/A's skated well but were a little slow. The only placement I disagree with is Dom/S's. They were sooo slow and their OD is even less in the theme than B/A's

**Carol**

Rinkside
B/A were very slow in the step sequence, and Dm/Shab did not skate that well, and that waltz for the OD...not so good I guess

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I missed B/A OD today but the consensus here is that they were slow in the step sequence. I was wondering if this choreography does not showcase their speed in the step sequence. I don't recall them having this problem in past seasons, just a thought.

I believe that the only mark that F/S beat B/A was the technical. B/A scored higher in every other element. That is why F/S have only a small lead over B/A. I think B/A have just as good chance at
Bronze as F/S or D/W. They are to far behind for Gold or Silver unless the two top teams have major meltdowns and I doubt that.

Last edited:

**Carol**

Rinkside
Well, both Dom/Shab and B/A had problems with the speed, and both teams are under Linichuk. Like demarinis5 said before Tanith and Ben don't have this tipe of problems before. Linichuk must do do something.

Binthere

On the Ice
Both teams do look oddly slow. Dynamic performance skills and experience obviously helps them, but as far as this being a sport.... am pretty surprised at the lack of command technically speaking. Outfits for both teams also seem so fussy and overly theatrical (even for ice dance) in ways which just don't help one appreciate body lines and movement. Like a high school play where the actors are using borrowed adult costumes. I'll bet watching a training day in their Underarmour or whatever would be much more enjoyable than all the distracting clutter that gets dragged out there

Last edited:

missysays

On the Ice
Outfits for both teams also seem so fussy and overly theatrical (even for ice dance) in ways which just don't help one appreciate body lines and movement. Like a high school play where the actors are using borrowed adult costumes. I'll bet watching a training day in their Underarmour or whatever would be much more enjoyable than all the distracting clutter that gets dragged out there

I actually agree with this. The costuming has way too many accessories going on. The scarves on Dom/Shab is way too fussy and clutters their line. Also, Tanith's white gloves and white frilly ankle socks are a little precious. The red beret looks cute but when I saw her skating around the white lace gloves looked like Minnie Mouse hands.

I know with Dom/Shab they had so much attitude out there today to try and cover up the technical sloppiness. And the maddening thing is it worked- the judges seemed kind of snowed- though of course I'd like to see the technical call sheet to see if it's really so.

waxel

Final Flight
dwiggin3, if you're a big skating fan and live in the US you might want to think about icenetwork.com. It's totally worth the $30. pricetag for GPF alone --- much less all the other events. Many people have issues ... but I think it's great. You can watch all events live --- or catch up weeks later (as I often do).

samba

On the Ice
I liked F/S's OD better because it suited more to the theme. B/A's skated well but were a little slow. The only placement I disagree with is Dom/S's. They were sooo slow and their OD is even less in the theme than B/A's

I agree:agree:. I never liked F/S until tonight, they're very smooth and fast, I think they should be 2nd:clap:. Dom/Sch were way overscored, very sloppy and slow. They also made several mistakes. I'd put them last:yes: Tanith/Ben also are going down hill. I think they made mistake, switching to Linichuk. Her costume also was a poor choice, same as Dom/Sch, Linichuk's style??