Compulsory Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance

jcoates

Medalist
My image and sound are good. Have you tried restarting the feed or using a lower speed?

jcoates

Medalist
Meryl and Charlie just finished. Marina looks pleased. They seemed a bit cautious at the start but loosened up as they settled in.

oleada

Record Breaker
W/P not as good as D/W technically, but I thought they captured the mood of the dance better.

jcoates

Medalist
W/P not as good as D/W technically, but I thought they captured the mood of the dance better.

I agree. I think D/W wanted to avoid any silly mistakes with a dance they are likely to never skate again. Especially after the errors at Euros.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kim and Brent?

I'm following the website so I know the scores, but, please, subjective impressions of how Kim and Brent did?

Thanks and thanks for all the pbp :love: !

luvsasha

Final Flight
can somebody who knows dance really well tell me why Navarro/Bommentre are in 3rd right now? I thought they did very well

jan

On the Ice
re: can somebody who knows dance really well tell me why Navarro/Bommentre are in 3rd right now? I thought they did very well

She put her foot down after the twizzle and was basically on two feet. As well she was not in unison with him on the slide stop. I would have them marked lower then the scores they got..in my opinion.

jcoates

Medalist
This is just my opinion, but I think Kim and Brent were a bit tight in places. They said in an interview that they only started training this dance last week because they were so focused on Nationals. Weaver and Poje skated with a bit more speed I think.

london_calling

On the Ice
After Meryl and Charlie skated, I finally got my feed to work properly. I have to say, I really like the Finnstep. I hope it is used again.

jcoates

Medalist
Evan stumbled going into the second slide stop. Pretty obvious too.

Not sure I would have placed V/M 1st. Tess seemed fairly wobbly coming out of some of the twizzles

luvsasha

Final Flight
re: can somebody who knows dance really well tell me why Navarro/Bommentre are in 3rd right now? I thought they did very well

She put her foot down after the twizzle and was basically on two feet. As well she was not in unison with him on the slide stop. I would have them marked lower then the scores they got..in my opinion.

This is just my opinion, but I think Kim and Brent were a bit tight in places. They said in an interview that they only started training this dance last week because they were so focused on Nationals. Weaver and Poje skated with a bit more speed I think.

great!!! Thanks guys, that was really helpful! i don't know much about dance, so any new info or technical comments are awesome!

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
I don't think V/M should be placed ahead of D/W..

But it's ice dance, it's in Canada, nothing we can do.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think this field was overmarked, in general.
None of the dances really stood out.
D/W were tight and their expression was not good, V/M were obviously not at their best and Tessa was shaky, I thought C/P were atrocious and didn't get the mood at all. I liked Samuelson & Bates the best, but they were shaky too, and Evan had a little slip.Weaver & Poje had the best expression and captured the mood really well. I don't think NavBoms should've been as close to them in score.

Khoklova/Novitiski have the best Finnstep I've seen, IMO.

npa

Match Penalty
But V/M and D/W have near technic score, but its understanding, that V/M have better components - look at them :love:
Charlie had problems too
Congratiulations to Tessa and Scott!

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
But V/M and D/W have near technic score, but its understanding, that V/M have better components - look at them :love:
Charlie had problems too
Congratiulations to Tessa and Scott!

are you saying that V/M are prettier than D/W, so they should get higher score?

npa

Match Penalty
Khoklova/Novitiski have the best Finnstep I've seen, IMO.
And we will never see this dance againe :rofl:
I think nobody didnt show really greate Finnstep at all - best Finnstep was Rochkamo-Kokko :rock: