Free Dance Results | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Results

dancemaster

On the Ice
Oh my...
hahahaa!!!...
This conversation seems to be getting a little bit out of control...I'm not a moderator but I don't think its fair for dancemaster to be getting all up in arms and making mean comments like this one.

I hate to be such a "party-pooper" but...just because you put a smiley face at the end of a comment like the one above, it doesn't mean you negate any inconsiderate behavior.

It is very apparent to me that you are a strong supporter of Riazanova/Guerreiro based on these and other previous posts (which is perfectly fine) but I think many of us that go on this board would like to be free of the negative comments towards other posters as well as overtly targeted, harsh criticisms of these skaters...They are kids!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just don't get carried away.
After all, this is Figure Skating...

It seems you are the one " getting up in arms"
nothing is out of control.
the comment is very much in line .
t.Yes i am a good supporter of Riazanova/Guerreiro and a few other teams,
and you have your reasons for being here:rofl:
" harsh criticisms of these skaters" where did you see this in my posts???
and by you putting this next comments ""After all, this is Figure Skating" makes it all better HAhahaha

Last edited:

icedancexpert

Rinkside
I consider myself to be pretty laid back actually...:)
No one likes being put down and I just thought it was unnecessary of you to accuse Joesitz of "not knowing" just because he hasn't skated (according to you).

Well, I'm here because I'm from Canada and I love skating (particularly ice dancing).
I go on these boards to interact with other skating fans and post my thoughts and words of support...
I am very lucky as my job is fairly flexible...I'm able to watch skating all over the world. I went to Madrid (for the JGP event), the Skate Canada Western/Eastern Challenge, and I am going to Saskatoon for the Canadian Championships. There ya go. ;)

rosee

On the Ice
I don't really see what was so offensive in dancemaster's post...
What's the link between being a R/G fan and thinking that skaters are not lost and can manage to make-up a footwork sequence without a choregrapher?

More then you probably give credit for
And if you have done some skating in your time you would be well aware of this.:biggrin:
I've probably done more skating than before you were born (just a guess). Anyhow, Sury Bonaly always did her own choreography. Whoe else?

I really cant see the relationship of your comment to the criteria that the ISU set out for Judges and coaches to follow
Sorry about that, but what exactly are the rules on who choreographs programs? Skating to them is not as difficult as creating them. Agree?

dancemaster

On the Ice
I've probably done more skating than before you were born (just a guess). Anyhow, Sury Bonaly always did her own choreography. Whoe else?
about the skating I don"t understand what you are trying to say.

since we are speaking of "ice dance " let me say Torvill and Dean as amateurs and professionals and many others
Allot of major skaters of yesterday&Today.. had&have lots of input into they programs.:biggrin:

Last edited:

dancemaster

On the Ice
Sorry about that, but what exactly are the rules on who choreographs programs? Skating to them is not as difficult as creating them. Agree?

No I don't!!!!!! I always found creating steps and helping with programs far more easier then performing and perfecting them in competition , But again there are horses for courses and your view maybe correct for some;) .

There are no rules on who can choreograph programs

I would like to see a Part III of the competition where the skater must listen to the music he/she will skate to in approimately, 2 hours and not consult a coach or choreographer Then skate to it.
They acually used that format for the old Improv-ice shows. :agree: Surya Bonaly always came prepared with a big chest full of costumes, just in case.

Sure enough, one year she drew a country-western song. So Surya -- semper paratus! -- whipped out a cowgirl outfit and two-stepped her way to victory. (Actually, I think Surya ad-libbed her competitive programs, too. :laugh: )

Another time Todd Eldredge drew "Who Let the Dogs Out" -- a rap/Caribbean ditty voted the worst song of the year by Billboard Magazine. :laugh:

No I don't!!!!!! I always found creating steps and helping with programs far more easier then performing and perfecting them in competition , But again there are horses for courses and your view maybe correct for some;) .

There are no rules on who can choreograph programs
So the skater accepts the creative genius of the choreographer and tries to skate his/her best to it and gets full credit for the bullet in the scoring system that he/she created the choreography as well as skated to it. Yes?

What if the skater had to create his/her own choreography? Especially if it were so easy. That to me would satisfy the bullet in the scores.

dancemaster

On the Ice
What if the skater had to create his/her own choreography? Especially if it were so easy. That to me would satisfy the bullet in the scores.

Well that is what made Torvill and Dean so famous back in 1984
maybe there are other's who never got credit for doing their own choreography
and there are many cases of coach's/choreographer's taking credit for work they did not do.

Your original point of discussion was how many skater's can choreograph a step sequences without a coach or choreographer ..I still stand by what i said many skater's can and many do ,even more so in today's system.

And no choreographer can achieve a full result without the input of the skater/skater's.

rosee

On the Ice
Maybe their choreographer should try something Latin for S/B? I'm trying to picture that and I can't really, but I'd probably like it better than this seasons FD. Might be just the ticket for making me like them.

I just found a video of their 06-07 FD whick was a Latin Medley.
I have to say that I didn't like it either :frown2: . It was not "bland" as their current FD is but I'm disapointed. I didn't see them being "confortable" with the rythms as some articles were stating.