Ladies LP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

MissCleo

On the Ice
Carolina was marked fairly. If Rochette had done a single triple in her SP, she would have been third. If Yukari hadn't bombed the long, she would have medaled. They didn't, but Carolina did, and she deserves her marks and the bronze.

I second it.

Roccoco

Spectator
Mao's LP

I find it extremely disturbing that people have such major criticisms of Mao's skating as opposed to Yuna's. Mao is fluidity itself-something that many of you have failed to mention, her LP to Aram Khachaturian's masterpiece, is more athletic than most male skater's programmes. Does anyone realize the athleticism involved-this piece is MASSIVE! She needs to keep the tempo up all the way through,the choreography is stunning, her tano jumps dance with the music and the straight line is unbelievable. If people think that they are such major experts, then why don't they watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy3hN1QsVJY. I find the accusation of Mao's "lack of transitions" extremely laughable! Anyway, that being said, Yuna and Mao are definitely in a league of their own, they have different styles and musicality, and just because Mao doesn't have a superficial smile on her face doesn't make her un-artistic, the detail in her SP and LP is almost unearthly. Nothing should be taken away from Asada, she's just as brilliant as Yuna and her track record and points speak for themselves, if Yuna were really head and shoulders above Mao, and the better of the two then why is Mao sitting at 522.82 points and Yuna at 476.35? So, please,stop claiming that "Yuna is the best skater in the world" that is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Mao's artistry definitely comes straight from the heart. After she jumps, or during a good spiral, there's a smile on her face and one can easily tell that is genuine.
Actually, I am not sure why people always say that Yu-na is more artistic than Mao--I really just think they have two completely different stlyes in the first place, but in my opinon, Mao's choreography is much more graceful and less choppy than those of Yu-na's programs. I love Yu-na, but I think Mao is really just blowing out all competition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QSEc2JFQV0 (<--Mao has worse artistry than Yu-na?!)