Mens lp | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Mens lp

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think the quad was underrotated.

I did not expect that. Congrats to Jeremy on a great skate and a well deserved win.:clap:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Oh My G-d, Jeremy just became only the second American to win it.

In all seriousness, I would have given Johnny the Silver over Kozuka (sp?)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
1 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 159.46 82.56 76.90 7.70 7.50 7.75 7.75 7.75 0.00 #5
2 Johnny WEIR USA 143.00 71.30 71.70 7.45 6.60 7.40 7.10 7.30 0.00 #3
3 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 140.73 69.43 73.30 7.80 7.15 7.20 7.30 7.20 2.00 #6
4 Tomas VERNER CZE 137.31 63.21 74.10 7.55 7.05 7.45 7.55 7.45 0.00 #2
5 Patrick CHAN CAN 137.16 65.96 73.20 7.60 7.20 7.10 7.35 7.35 2.00 #1

FINAL STANDINGS:

1 Jeremy ABBOTT
USA
237.72 2 1
2 Takahiko KOZUKA
JPN
224.63 1 3

3 Johnny WEIR
USA
215.50 4 2
4 Tomas VERNER
CZE
206.65 5 4
5 Patrick CHAN
CAN
205.16 6 5

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Oh My G-d, Jeremy just became only the second American to win it.

In all seriousness, I would have given Johnny the Silver over Kozuka (sp?)

ITA - Kosuka was sloppy compared to Johnny. That quad was strange and his legs looked like they were not supporting him.

Still very happ for Jeremy - that was a well deserved win with the best Mens LP out there.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Jeremy is the FIRST US-MAN ever to WIN the GPF!!! And he was my prediction! *doing my victory dance* Beautiful skate, and the man can think on his feet, in contrast to his compatriot. I know Johnny got the Bronze etc., and please fellow Johnny-Fans don't kill me for it - but he was mediocre. His program is simple, that's not really a problem, but at least do simple with power and emotions. He rightly ended up with the lowest PCS of all competitors. And his tech score is lower than Amodio's yesterday...

Chan's PCS took a nosedive - perhaps the judges got fed up with a so-called favourite without Quad or Triple Axel.

Congrats to Abbott! Now get that Quad in the program and the top of the World in L.A. sounds suddenly very probable.

Edit: I was surprised that Johnny crossed the 70 on TES with this performance - and now I know why: no edge call, not even a warning on the Flip!

They gave Abbott +0,8 on the first Lutz? He deserved everything today, but that sounds a tiny bit generous - if that much ice flies into the air there shouldn't be positive GOE.

It's fascinating, I started the season with correctly predicting Kozuka to win Skate America and finished it with correctly predicting Abbott to win the GPF. I am so self-satisfied right now.

Last edited:

samba

On the Ice
I hope now USFS will give Jeremy some credits. I hope they won't hold the big names up at the Nationals. Good job, Jeremy:clap::clap::clap:

enlight78

Medalist
Jeremy is the FIRST US-MAN ever to WIN the GPF!!! And he was my prediction! *doing my victory dance* Beautiful skate, and the man can think on his feet, in contrast to his compatriot. I know Johnny got the Bronze etc., and please fellow Johnny-Fans don't kill me for it - but he was mediocre. His program is simple, that's not really a problem, but at least do simple with power and emotions. He rightly ended up with the lowest PCS of all competitors. And his tech score is lower than Amodio's yesterday...

Chan's PCS took a nosedive - perhaps the judges got fed up with a so-called favourite without Quad or Triple Axel.

Congrats to Abbott! Now get that Quad in the program and the top of the World in L.A. sounds suddenly very probable.

After watching the GPF, he proably won't need the quad. Congradulations to all the medalist.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, I´m soooo glad for Abbott´s win!!! Finally he is starting to get PCS scores that he deserves...

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I hope now USFS will give Jeremy some credits. I hope they won't hold the big names up at the Nationals. Good job, Jeremy:clap::clap::clap:

It will be Jeremy and Johnny going to LA, I have it on good authority that Evan will be staying home.

ks777

Record Breaker

They won't hold down Jeremy at nationals for sure. He just won the GPF. He is THE big name now.

I am glad at least Johnny medal here. I am very happy for Takahiko for taking silver.

enlight78

Medalist

ITA
Between Johnny lip and Low PCs, Evans under/pre rotations. It would very bad thing if they held either one up. Forget the rivalry.

Medusa

Record Breaker
It will be Jeremy and Johnny going to LA, I have it on good authority that Evan will be staying home.
? Aren't there like three spots for the men? Evan can definitely outskate Carriere, Bradley and Rippon, especially if they don't call Evan on his underrotations at Nationals.

Enlight said:
After watching the GPF, he proably won't need the quad. Congradulations to all the medalist.
Yeah, I don't know. I just don't think you can underestimate Oda, Kozuka and Joubert. Especially Joubert - if you think he is down for good, he climbs all the way up again.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Jasontv is so slow and break ups so much. Can someone tell me Jeremy's jump content?