Pairs free | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs free

This is not what I meant. Compared to other female partners, for example Aliona Savchenko or Tatiana Volososhar, chinese girls have more ugly and not strechted positions in the air (IMO).
Sorry about that. They could use stretch exercises but they must do them every day. I shudder when Kawaguchi has been lifted aloft by Smirnov and she looks like to me saying; What am I doing up here? :)

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
I am currently travelling and my laptop does not allow me to download from certain file servers and I could only watch pairs' programs.

K/S are pretty horredous. They're way overrated after bursting onto world stage. I used to believe they had potential but not any more. Nothing is working for this pair. None of their elements, throws, jumps, twist, lifts, spins is of high quality. They're badly mismatched in terms of body lines. I would definitely rate them behind almost all 'top' pairs including even American pair I&B. I'd rather watch a relatively simplistic but cleanly executed program by I&B any day than being tortured by K&S...

M&T are a hot mess. I can't believe some crazy fans are rating them the sentimental favorite on a popular skating forum.

I really like V&M.

P&T need to improve their last two lifts to totally sell this program. The first part of their lp music is a terrific choice. The Japanese/Canadian duo(forget their name) used to skate to it and it'll be interesting to compare their different interpretations. I also liked P&T's SP.

Zhangs' LP does nothing for me.

We're still waiting for S&S' 'relatively' clean skate.

I personally believe M&B and Durhamel&Butin or D&D deserved the GPF instead of K&S and M&T.

Last edited:

gold12345

Medalist
I am currently travelling and my laptop does not allow me to download from certain file servers and I could only watch pairs' programs.

K/S are pretty horredous. They're way overrated after bursting onto world stage. I used to believe they had potential but not any more. Nothing is working for this pair. None of their elements, throws, jumps, twist, lifts, spins is of high quality. They're badly mismatched in terms of body lines. I would definitely rate them behind almost all 'top' pairs including even American pair I&B. I'd rather watch a relatively simplistic but cleanly executed program by I&B any day than being tortured by K&S...

M&T are a hot mess. I can't believe some crazy fans are rating them the sentimental favorite on a popular skating forum.

I really like V&M.

P&T need to improve their last two lifts to totally sell this program. The first part of their lp music is a terrific choice. The Japanese/Canadian duo(forget their name) used to skate to it and it'll be interesting to compare their different interpretations. I also liked P&T's SP.

Zhangs' LP does nothing for me.

We're still waiting for S&S' 'relatively' clean skate.

I personally believe M&B and Durhamel&Butin or D&D deserved the GPF instead of K&S and M&T.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I thought K&S earned their GPF spot, but they looked pretty awful here and I think they are overrated. And I've been annoyed from the beginning that M&T qualified by the skin the of their teeth. But oh well.

rosee

On the Ice
I agree with Kasey and believe me I'm a HUGE D&D fan but I don't think they should have gone to the GPF. They had everything to qualify but still didn't manage to. Fair enough.
If GPF was a repeat of worlds then what's the point of having the world championship? I like the GP system, you always have some surprises.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight

Their body lines aren't as beautiful as other pairs. I wouldn't say that they are over-rated though. They are probably the only pair on the world that can consistently land the throw 4S (Do V/T have it consistent?) While some may not like them, I think it's quite a stretch to say that their elements are all low quality.

The set-up of the GP does not necessarily bring to the Final, the best of ALL the skaters entered. Much depends on how the contestants are entered in any given contest. I think McL/Bru would have gotten to the Final, but they unfortunately had top competitors in their groupings.

Realistically though, they do need to rehearse more. I look forward to US Nats to see if they have done just that.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I don't think that the tough competition affected M/B as much as the fact that they made costly mistakes in Skate Canada. I honestly think that they can beat the top competitors on a good day. Besides, the top pairs were more evenly spread out this year, as compared to last years. I am so glad that skaters aren't allowed three assignments anymore.

I can't see anyone coming close to beating them at Nats though.

icedancexpert

Rinkside
:agree:

Neither can I. They appear to be in a class of their own in the States...The big question seems to be: Who will be the 2nd team? I/B had a strong showing at NHK...C/O haven't competed on the GP so who knows how they're doing...