What's your favorite Movie about Love
I was just wondering about this topic today and I thought I would start a thread. I have so many favorites, but I would like to hear what some of yours are. Maybe I can see something new.
Here's some of mine:
1. The Love Letter - with Jennifer Jason Leigh This is my favorite love story of all time. Those who love a good old fashioned love story please try to find it.
2. Sense & Sensibility - who could not love watching Eleanor & Maryann find love.
3. Houseboat - I love how they get together in this movie.
4. Barefoot in the Park
5. Love comes softly
Out of Africa
Pride & Prejudice
ETA: Notting Hill
Last edited by demarinis5; 12-21-2008 at 02:17 AM.
Off the top of my head,
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Pride & Prejudice
Dirty Dancing, Atonement, Snow falling on cedars, Memoir of Geisha
The Notebook and Dirty Dancing are my all time favorites!!
Gotta Have Music
Dreaming and dancing
Not a movie, but Giselle is also a wonderful love story.
The Zamboni Rocks!!!
I would have to say
When Harry met Sally.
Arm Chair Skate Fan
Some of my favs are "Romancing the Stone", "You've Got Mail", "Last of the Mohicans"............42
1. Passion of the Christ
oh, you mean romantic films?
2. The Holiday
3. Down With Love
4. Father of the Bride (one and two, the remakes) - love of a father and a daughter, since I'm a daddy's girl I love those films *tear*
6. Sleeping Beauty (yes the Disney animation)
ETA - oh! and Emma and Pride and Prejudice and Miss Potter (I think that's the title of the Beatrix Potter biopic?)
Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-15-2008 at 08:32 PM.
An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr
Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport
The Thornbirds, hot & steamy!!!!
OH love The Thornbirds
Love Is A Many Splendor Thing
~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
My list includes most of the movies mentioned along with:
West Side Story
Me Me In St. Louis
My husband likes Two for the Road
I forgot to mention:
South Pacific and Carousel
Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-18-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Reason: PLEASE just edit your original post, don't post back to back. see guidelines.