What's your favorite Movie about Love
I was just wondering about this topic today and I thought I would start a thread. I have so many favorites, but I would like to hear what some of yours are. Maybe I can see something new.
Here's some of mine:
1. The Love Letter - with Jennifer Jason Leigh This is my favorite love story of all time. Those who love a good old fashioned love story please try to find it.
2. Sense & Sensibility - who could not love watching Eleanor & Maryann find love.
3. Houseboat - I love how they get together in this movie.
4. Barefoot in the Park
5. Love comes softly
Out of Africa
Pride & Prejudice
ETA: Notting Hill
Last edited by demarinis5; 12-21-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Off the top of my head,
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Pride & Prejudice
Dirty Dancing, Atonement, Snow falling on cedars, Memoir of Geisha
The Notebook and Dirty Dancing are my all time favorites!!
Gotta Have Music
Dreaming and dancing
Not a movie, but Giselle is also a wonderful love story.
The Zamboni Rocks!!!
I would have to say
When Harry met Sally.
Arm Chair Skate Fan
Some of my favs are "Romancing the Stone", "You've Got Mail", "Last of the Mohicans"............42
I like pie.
1. Passion of the Christ
oh, you mean romantic films?
2. The Holiday
3. Down With Love
4. Father of the Bride (one and two, the remakes) - love of a father and a daughter, since I'm a daddy's girl I love those films *tear*
6. Sleeping Beauty (yes the Disney animation)
ETA - oh! and Emma and Pride and Prejudice and Miss Potter (I think that's the title of the Beatrix Potter biopic?)
Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-15-2008 at 07:32 PM.
An Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr
Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport
The Thornbirds, hot & steamy!!!!
OH love The Thornbirds
Love Is A Many Splendor Thing
~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
My list includes most of the movies mentioned along with:
West Side Story
Me Me In St. Louis
My husband likes Two for the Road
I forgot to mention:
South Pacific and Carousel
Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-18-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Reason: PLEASE just edit your original post, don't post back to back. see guidelines.