Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mao’s New Grand Challenge for 2010 Vancouver Olymphic

On the Ice

Mao’s New Grand Challenge for 2010 Vancouver Olymphic

According to the today’s article in the Japanese newspaper ‘Yomiuri Hochi’, Mao and Tarasova plan to try not only two 3A’s, but also two 3-3 jumps(3Flip-3Loop and 3Flip-3Toe Loop) in LP to secure Mao’s victory. What do you think about that plan?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    She will win or die trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    She will win or die trying.
    Good one.

Super Mao! She's amazing. If anyone can do it, she can!

Isn't that what she planned this year?

It is pretty amazing that this is Mao's goal... But well I also don't know...What I mean by that is I strongly suspect that the winner of the Olympic gold is going to be the person who handles the pressure the best and skates cleanest......IF Mao is tired from all of this will she fully be able to rotate everything etc?
    Last edited by bekalc; 12-15-2008 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    if you go by what Evan Lysacek said at Skate America this year - the next 16 months is looked at as one long season for the skaters... considering he worked with TT this summer as did Mao (obviously) perhaps that's a mindset she put to him. (I fully believe her brainwashing is the only way that got him to go for those costumes.. I'm in full denial that he isn't somehow blind to what he's wearing lol)

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    3A-2T
    3A
    3F-3Lo-2Lo
    ----------
    3S
    3F-3T
    3Lz
    2A

Will likely be her jump layout. By far the most difficult ever for a female. She can totally do it, though, which is awesome.

I would personally prefer a 2A-3T combo instead of the 3F-3T and then a solo 3Lo instead of the solo 2A. Her solo 3Lo is very beautiful and I think the 3T in combo later in the program would be more consistent on the back of a 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It's what she's aiming toward this year, yes, but maybe she won't actually get there by Worlds. Maybe this is their way of saying that it's a two-season project, and they hope to eventually peak with this program at the Olympics. That wouldn't be a bad plan.

There was a lot of skepticism regarding Mao doing two 3A's in the LP this year, especially as she didn't land one very often last season. But she has carried it off very well so far, and some fans are even suggesting replacing the 3F-3R in the SP with the 3A-2T now. She has also made marvelous progress on the 3Z, 3S, and 3T over the last season or two. It's amazing to see!

It looks like Tarasova really has Mao on the right track. Getting all six triples clean and consistent, without edge calls or URs, looks like their goal. And if Mao can really get there by the Olympics, then nothing but a serious bout of nerves can derail her quest for the gold. I'm really excited to see Mao raise her game to the next level (as she seems to be doing repeatedly).

As for Evan Lysacek, I think Tarasova is secretly aiding Johnny Weir to an Olympic medal. Nothing else can explain the hideousness of Evan's costumes this year!

(Mao has very beautiful costumes after all. And though I didn't like Masquerade at first, it's starting to grow on me with its hypnotic intensity. I had Masquerade playing all night through my dreams after Mao's GPF LP. )

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    As for Evan Lysacek, I think Tarasova is secretly aiding Johnny Weir to an Olympic medal. Nothing else can explain the hideousness of Evan's costumes this year!

But I noticed its resemblance with Klik's Olympic costume when he skated to the same music. So perhaps TAT just loves it and wants Evan to repeat the same glory with her favorite ex-student

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    And though I didn't like Masquerade at first, it's starting to grow on me with its hypnotic intensity. I had Masquerade playing all night through my dreams after Mao's GPF LP. )
    Yeah, that music gives a strong impression and triggers in memory.

Custom Title
    One silly question here...
    Is Tatiana Tarasova the Orser and Wilson in one person?

Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    One silly question here...
    Is Tatiana Tarasova the Orser and Wilson in one person?

Meaning what....? Being a tech coach as well as a choreographer? If so, I think yes even though she may not have been a singles skater herself.

She also has an assistant coach who teaches Mao when she isn't available.

Custom Title
    Thanks Bennett! So, Tatiana is Mao's choreographer and technical coach... (plus costume designer if my memory serves correctly.) I guess she wants absolute control over her pupils.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jyshin View Post
    I guess she wants absolute control over her pupils.
    No question about that imo - she demanded it with Evan and even reminded him of it when he tried to back away a bit. (From mixed zone interview at SA.)

There was a lot of skepticism regarding Mao doing two 3A's in the LP this year, especially as she didn't land one very often last season. But she has carried it off very well so far, and some fans are even suggesting replacing the 3F-3R in the SP with the 3A-2T now. She has also made marvelous progress on the 3Z, 3S, and 3T over the last season or two. It's amazing to see!
    She has carried it of well so far, but shes' only gotten credit for one of those this season. Plus it's worth only 9.5 which is the same as Kim's 3flip/3toe so I'm not sure it's worth it. It definetly looks like the 3 axels are going well, but a lot can happen in a year as well... I'm not sure about 2 3 axels and 2 3/3's. I definetly think she should consider the double axel/3toe... Don't get me wrong, if I'm Team Kim, and if it's in anyway possible that I could learn 3 axel (and it may not be possible) I'd be learning it.

But this being said one underrotated 3/3 (and Mao gets her 3/3s downgraded a lot, and Kim's back in the game with her).. So in that sense, I'd say that Team Asada also needs to think about what Mao can realistically deliver. I'm not sure upping all kinds of difficulty hoping that it will make Asada unbeatable with even mistakes is the way to go. Frankly, at the very least they need to test out the idea of 2 3/3's as early as GP next year.
    Last edited by bekalc; 12-15-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast