Thread: Melissa and Denis news

On the Ice

Melissa and Denis news

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=W8oVvC0kulQ

Melissa and Denis have updated their website and have added "Olympian Uncut" to it...

They have been busy teaching and training in Ct...They recently performed in a show in Chicago. (on their website).

They will be touring in Canada according to the video.

Kudos to two lovely people and wonderful skaters.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    are they coming back to competition? With Davis and White I forgot about them...but loved thier Adam and Eve program.

it doesn't look like they'll be around this season... but at least they're still active in shows and coaching (and choreography)... I do miss their skating something awful, though.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    are they coming back to competition? With Davis and White I forgot about them...but loved thier Adam and Eve program.
    According to the comments section on Youtube, yes, they plan to return to eligible skating next season..

On the Ice
    Mel/Den to appear in Lake Arrowhead Show

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 20, 2008
    Christmas Through the Years Figure Skating Holiday Show featuring past, present and future athletes that train or have trained in Lake Arrowhead . Show begins @ 7:30pm . Dinner is served at 6:30pm . Table seats including dinner $125.00. Bleacher seats $40.00. Doors open at 7:00pm . Call (909) 202-2889 for tickets. This event is hosted by Arctic Blades FSC at Ice Castle Intl. Training Center , 401 Burnt Mill Rd , Lake Arrowhead , Ca.

very cool hopefully we'll get to see some behind the scenes stuff from that

oh and for those of you on facebook we have a group where fans can connect - http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...id=21448040245
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 12-18-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Custom Title
    Oh... nothing but the best wishes for these two. I remember a New York Times article before the last Olympics that talked about how financially challenging it was, even for them ... National silver medalists.. but adults, trying to pursue their sport. Their story should continue, and even if it is not on a eligible competitive stage, they have much to offer the sport and its fans, and I hope there will be many more ways and times that we can all enjoy them.

Custom Title
    There's a little mention on Denis and Melissa on Icenetwork.com. They have an article about how different skaters celebrate the holidays. Also, check out the gallary photos of skaters celebrating to see a young Johnny dressed as a reindeer.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by momjudi View Post
    There's a little mention on Denis and Melissa on Icenetwork.com. They have an article about how different skaters celebrate the holidays. Also, check out the gallary photos of skaters celebrating to see a young Johnny dressed as a reindeer.

I seen that photo of Johnny, the girl in the pic beside him said she was his former partner...did Johnny used to compete in dance or pairs?!

Custom Title
    He competed in pairs the first year of skating.

Great news for them. Hope they get to do some shows in the US.

their second video is up on their youtube channel.