Thread: Who was the girl who skated to My Fair Lady in a white costume around 1995?

Who was the girl who skated to My Fair Lady in a white costume around 1995?

A long, long time ago, I think that it was around 1994 or 1995, I had a favorite skater.

She was a girl from somewhere in (East?) Europe or Russia. She skated to My Fair Lady in a lovely white costume. She had dark brown semi-long hair with the upper half of her hair up and bangs down. She had a soft, sweet, pretty face. She was not too tall or not too small; not too skinny but just slim.

When I watched her performance, she fell on almost all of her jumps. But her spins were wonderful, her choreos were all lovely, and her ability to dance was e-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t. I watched this performance many times because it was very lovely regardless of the disasterous falls.

But I don't know her name or how she did after that. Does anyone know her???
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-18-2008 at 03:13 AM.

I have no idea but I'm interested to find out who it is...

the only skater I can think of who skated to that music was Tara Lipinski in Champions On Ice and Canadian Stars On Ice (maybe the US tour too?) but she wore a pink sparkly dress...

sorry I can't be more help.

Custom Title
    Could that be Ludmila Ivanova from Ukraine? I think she skated "My Fair Lady" LP. She came to scene just after Oksana Baiul but vanished very soon. She really had lovely arms and great coreography, but the jumps were

Quote Originally Posted by Kati View Post
    Could that be Ludmila Ivanova from Ukraine? I think she skated "My Fair Lady" LP. She came to scene just after Oksana Baiul but vanished very soon. She really had lovely arms and great coreography, but the jumps were
    Thank you SO MUCH Kati! Yes, that is her! I really appreciate it.

I just found videos of hers. Aren't her performances lovely?

Ludmila Ivanova (UKR) - 1994 Lillehammer, Ladies' Technical Program
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kF4lmM7_Nc

Ludmila Ivanova (UKR) - 1994 Lillehammer, Ladies' Free Program
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_SSxTdK2fM

Her Euro 1994
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYPdFAIOhe8

Perhaps she was so nervous in both of her Olympic performances that she made strange mistakes on her jumps, spins, and spirals. But she did land a nice lutz combo in the Olympic Tech Program. All of her spins had very beautiful positions. She had great speed in her tech program.

Who's that coach? He also looks familiar (or possibly just because I saw her programs many times).

Her choreos and dancing are all great. Her Free Program is fresh and fun and her Tech program is beautiful. Though my YOUTUBE has no sound right now, I like her Tech Program choreos better now. But when I was younger, I used to like her Free Progrgam choreos and tried to imitate some of them (only little ones that I could do) on the ice.

It is unfortunate to hear that she disappeared from the scene quickly. If anyone personally knows her, please let her know that here's one who cherishes her beautiful performances even after a decade.
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-18-2008 at 06:15 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Who's that coach? He also looks familiar (or possibly just because I saw her programs many times).
    Valentin Nikolaev. He also worked with other Odessa skaters who also worked with Galina Zmievskaya.

The last results I can find for Ivanova were 10th at Junior Worlds and 24th at Euros in 1996. I've seen the Jr. Worlds performance, and she had grown a lot since 1994, so that may have affected her skating.

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Valentin Nikolaev. He also worked with other Odessa skaters who also worked with Galina Zmievskaya.

The last results I can find for Ivanova were 10th at Junior Worlds and 24th at Euros in 1996. I've seen the Jr. Worlds performance, and she had grown a lot since 1994, so that may have affected her skating.
    Thank you so much for all your information. I really appreciate it

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Nice clips. She reminds me a lot of Oksana.

Rinkside

My Fair Lady

I think it was Irina Slutskaya. She used this music as part of her free programme in 1996, beating Surya Bonaly at Europeans and getting bronze at Worlds (I think). Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ColinR View Post
    I think it was Irina Slutskaya. She used this music as part of her free programme in 1996, beating Surya Bonaly at Europeans and getting bronze at Worlds (I think). Hope this helps
    Thank you for the information The skater turned out to be one from UKR.
    But I was not aware that Slutskaya also skated to that music and would try to watch that, too.

Here's Sasha Cohen. She could have danced all night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6uGrlWreew

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Here's Sasha Cohen. She could have danced all night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6uGrlWreew
    I hated that program. It seemed so fake and forced.

Custom Title
    I realize that it is not Tara you're looking for, but this came up when watching Sasha's exhibition. It's Tara skating to a medley of My Fair Lady songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agZShtSGuqw&NR=1