Thread: Baiul meets with estranged father

Baiul meets with estranged father

Not a whole lot of info in this article (need to scroll midway down), but I hope the meeting was a fruitful one.

Custom Title
    This is very interesting. I hope that it will help Oksana put some of her issues behind her. I'd love to see her back on the ice with a renewed passion.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

Baiul meets with estranged father

Thanks,Paula,her fans wondered when this day would come.I hope her 5 year sobriety,relationship with fiance Gene plus acceptance by his family will help her heal old wounds in this reunion.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I hope this will work out well for her. It is hard to confront a difficult past. My heart goes out to her.
    dpp

Custom Woman
    Same feelings from me. Isn't her father Oksana's only living blood relative?
    Rgirl

it was reported in IFS in her interview with them that she was planning to do it

with her not making a statement I can only wonder how well it went. Call me a pessimist...

Custom Title
    Well, personally, I had a similar meeting with my estranged father several years ago. It was more about me asking the questions I had always wanted to ask...just to say certain things out loud and know they were heard by the person that needed to hear them. So, it probably wasn't a Hallmark moment, but a realistic one that should give her some peace. I didn't expect some wonderful relationship to result (and I really didn't want one), but I think it was more for closure. It sounds as if it is the same type of situation for Oksana. Either way, I sincerely hope that she'll realize all the good things about herself and rise above all of the struggles of the post-Lillehammer years.

Custom Woman
    Well said, BronzeisGolden, but then yours is the voice of truth and experience talking. I agree with you that I doubt Oksana went there expecting hugs and flowers. I don't know of course, but I would think she might have met with some sort of counselor before she even set up the meeting as well as before going. As for your last sentence, "Either way, I sincerely hope that she'll realize all the good things about herself and rise above all of the struggles of the post-Lillehammer years," amen to that, BG, amen to that.
    Rgirl