3. Francesca RIO 52,40
4. Valentina MARCHEI 48,83
5. Roberta RODEGHIERO 42,40

pairs Senior - Short Program

1. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Yannick KOCON 52,00
2. Laura MAGITTERI / Ondrej HOTAREK 47,96
3. Marika ZANFORLIN / Federico DEGLI ESPOSTI 46,03

i've found the results here:

http://ghiacciofilia.blogspot.com/ ( thanks to Riccardo! grazie Riccardo!)

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Well Contesti was probably clean. He has a quad and the 3A.

It makes sense. I had no idea he has a quad. Considering his French background, not surprising, What is about the Quad, it just became a French specialty? Joubert, Ponsero, Preaubert, Contesti...any more?

Medusa

Record Breaker
It makes sense. I had no idea he has a quad. Considering his French background, not surprising, What is about the Quad, it just became a French specialty? Joubert, Ponsero, Preaubert, Contesti...any more?
Well, Joubert said that Amodio is already landing it in his practises.

But the blog Hiara80 mentions, says that Contesti didn't go for a Quad in the short.

Last edited:

Hiara80

On the Ice
http://ghiacciofilia.blogspot.com/

LADIES:

Caro Kostner 171,09 (LP 112,55)
Francesca Rio 149,74 (LP 97,34)
Stefania Berton 141,11
Valentina Marchei 116,65 (66,82) i really hope she will be fine soon!!!!

MEN:

Samuel Contesti 228,70 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Pairs :
Della Monica/Kocon are the new italian champions, but i don't know their scores yet...sorry

i read all the news about Italian championships here:

( in italian)

sorry if today my english is worse the usual...but Xmas shopping had been terrifyng today

Medusa

Record Breaker
So Contesti didn't have quads in short nor in long. Just generous scoring I guess.
Well, it's not like certain US-Americans and Canadians haven't gotten much more than 228,70 with entirely quadless competitions.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
I guess those Canadians and Americans are a bit better skaters :)

Well, I don't say generous scoring at Nats is unusual, I just mean, that is the thing that explain the high score, not the quad.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I don't say generous scoring at Nats is unusual, I just mean, that is the thing that explain the high score, not the quad.
Well, no argument there! Imagine if he had landed a quad - it would've been the highest score in Italy since Plushy at the Olympics! If not higher.:biggrin: After all, when Evan Lysacek first landed a quad at US Nats, he had a ridiculously high score - I think it was something like 170 for the LP.

Poor Valentina Marchei. I hope she'll be ok.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Zelenka...

English Translation of Karel's announcement on his Homepage:

Hi everybody! To all my fans: with a very great grief I have to tell you something important, about my decision of a temporarely retiring from every international and national competition for an indeterminate time, because some injuries not yet solved at 100%. In this way I can adjust it and have a strong preparation to come back with a stronger health and as soon as possible.
Keep your fingers crossed for me that everything would go in the right way and that I should come back soon. Thanks everybody, with love, Karel.

herios

Medalist
Well, no argument there! Imagine if he had landed a quad - it would've been the highest score in Italy since Plushy at the Olympics! If not higher.:biggrin: After all, when Evan Lysacek first landed a quad at US Nats, he had a ridiculously high score - I think it was something like 170 for the LP.

No question all skaters are overmarked at their nationals, not just Lysacek, Bel / Ago scored 110 for their FD at Nationals, at Worlds they scored 103+...so you could discount around 6-7 points of a LP and 3-4 from a short. Still, even with that, Contesti would've scored very high compared with his previous results, around 76-77 for SP and 140 for the LP, that would be more than respectable on the international circuit.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States

LADIES:

Caro Kostner 171,09 (LP 112,55)
Francesca Rio 149,74 (LP 97,34)
Stefania Berton 141,11
Valentina Marchei 116,65 (66,82) i really hope she will be fine soon!!!!

What does this mean with respect to who goes to Europeans and Worlds? I got to see Francesca and Stefania in Sofia at Junior Worlds this year and would love to see either one of them again at Worlds in LA.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Well, Joubert said that Amodio is already landing it in his practises.

Where did you get this information from? It must be an interview I haven't seen or read yet...
Could you please post me the link?

Whatever happened to Valentina Marchei?