Russian Nationals 2008 - 2009
List of participants
1. Miliukov Konstantin Kazan
2. Borodulin Artem Moscow
3. Bariev Ivan Moscow
4. Voronov Sergey St.Petersburg
5. Gachinski Artur St.Petersburg
6. Grigoriev Artem Moscow
7. Griazev Andrey Moscow
8. Dobrin Sergey St.Petersburg
9. Kovalev Stanislav Moscow
10. Lutay Andrei St.Petersburg
11. Leushin Denis Moscow
12. Menshov Konstantin St.Petersburg
13. Mikhaylov Nikita Moscow
14. Nikolaev Alexander Moscow
15. Sezganov Vladislav St.Petersburg
16. Tretiakov Ivan Moscow
17. Uspenski Alexander Moscow
18. Uspenski Vladimir Mosocw
19. Sheplonov Maxim St.Petesburg
1. Obliukhov Timofey St.Peterburg
2. Usatov Roman St.Peterburg
1. Artemieva Maria St.Peterburg
2. Vasfieva Dinara Cheliabinsk
3. Gerbolt Katarina St.Petersburg
4. Gershkovich Alima Moscow
5. Gozeva Oksana Moscow
6. Ivleva Alexandra Moscow
7. Kozireva Ekaterina Moscow
8. Leonova Alena St.Peterburg
9. Martinova Arina Moscow
10. Naidenova Olga Moscow
11. Petushkova Nina Moscow
12. Sotnikova Adelina Moscow
13. Tarasova Eugenia Moscow
14. Tuktamisheva Elizaveta Glazov/St.Petersburg
15. Shelepen Polina Moscow
1. Abdulova Daria/Stepanov Semen Perm
2. Efaeva Elena/Patlasov Artem Perm
3. Iliushechkina Liubov/Maisuradze Nodari Moscow
4. Imaikina Sabina/NovoselovAndrey Perm
5. Kawaguchi Yuko/Smirnov Alexander St.Petersburg
6. Krasilnikova Ksenia/Bezmaternikh Konstantin Perm
7. Kuklina Ekaterina/Kushtanov Eduard Perm
8. Martiusheva Anastasia/Rogonov Alexei Moscow
9. Mukhortova Maria/Maxaim Trankov St.Petersburg
10. Novik Tatiana/Medovikov Konstantin Moscow
11. Ozerova Ksenia/Enbert Alexander St.Petersburg
12. Sheremetieva Ekaterina/Kuznetsov Mikhail Moscow
1. Vasilieva Ekaterina/ Tokarev Anton Moscow
1. Bobrova Ekaterina/Soloviev Dmitri Moscow
2. Gorshkova Kristina/Butikov Vitali Moscow
3. Domnina Oksana/Shabalin Maksim Moscow reg.
4. ZlobinaYulia/SitnikovAlexei Rostov-na-Donu
5.Kolotilina Olga/Bortsov Alexander Moscow
6. Mikhailova Natalia/Sergeev Arkadiy Moscow
7. Platonova Anastasia/Grachov Alexander Moscow
8. Rubleva Ekaterina/ShefeIvan Moscow
9. Khokhlova Jana/Novitski Sergei Moscow
10. Chistiakova Alexander/Kurochkin Vladimir Moscow
On the Ice
Riazanova & Guerreiro are probably skating juniors.
Have Mikhailova & Maximishin competed this year? And why aren't Ilya Tkachenko and his new partner (I think it's Isabella Tobias?) competing? I know they can't skated internationaly for a year but this is nationals. I hope they aren't injuried....
So its official Plushenko is not coming back since he is not on the Nationals list.
Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
Last edited by siberia82; 12-27-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Tripping on the Podium
This might sound like a dumb question, but it's been something I've been asking myself for a while: are the 2 Uspenski's related?
Wasn't that because he didn't were that high ranked of ISU? He didn't compete last season either and didn't score that much. Or am I completely wrong?
Originally Posted by siberia82
Vladimir Uspenski is the younger brother of Alexander Uspenski.
Off the ice
Plushy has not skated in competition since Torino 2006, so he has no ISU ranking points. But I think the federation could still have given him one the of the CoR slots.
Originally Posted by Eevun
The Russian federation already did it last year but not this year because Piseev already has verified that the continuous speech about his return are only it, only little talk.
Originally Posted by Buttercup
Plushenko has his own tour and he is in a program of tv, does not train with Mishin ect
Plushenko will remain professional, why come back when you have won all global titles, besides I think he would struggle as the sport has moved on in the past few years and Plushenko was not choreographically good, he had to rely on his excellent technical skills. If you put his LP of Torino to Buttle's LP of world's this year, Buttle was far superior artistically and choreographically.
Back to Russian National's the Pairs and Ice Dance seem straight forward to decide placements but the Men's and Ladies seem open to me.
No, Ksenia Doronina, I understand she is still injured might be a good opportunity here for Alena Leonova to claim top honours. I hope Katarina Gerboldt makes the top 2. Arina Martinova we shall see if she is back to some kind of form but I fear she might be a past number!!
Artem Borodulin I feel might win the mens title but Voronov might pull it off as he seems to be the best hope for Russia at the minute.
Time will tell
Off the ice
But Plushy was a an excellent and, perhaps more importantly these days, a consistently clean jumper and seemed to be able to pull off quads and quad combos without a hitch; he also got good levels of step sequences, and not just because he could flail his arms with the best of them (though I must say, no other skater comes close to making what he's doing look so much harder than it probably is )). Not many of the current guys could compete with him if he's in good form - figure skating still requires that you get the job done on the tech side.
Originally Posted by russell30
However, at age 26, after knee surgeries and 3 years off from competitions, having skated mostly under 6.0, I'm not sure he could come back to that level, and he's probably too busy with other things to bother trying.
After watching that 'show' routine I put in Le Cafe, it was clear his free skate is still 'working the audience' as it was in competition. However, this skate shows many weakness including a wonky 3T. I'm not aware of the date of that show piece, but if it were recent, it reminds me of the World Champion Boxer who, after going down hill, in his final days as a boxer resorted to Wrestling.
and, yes, He was a super jumper!
My hopes for Russian Nats: Borodulin, Lutei and Voronov in that order.
Last edited by Joesitz; 12-23-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Off the ice
Joe, I noticed that post but there was no link or file for download that I could see. The boxing/wrestling metaphor could be quite apt, but having only seen Plush at the Golden Skate Awards in recent months, I can't really say. He still flails his arms a lot on the steps .
Originally Posted by Joesitz
Right. Forgot about the federation give. Thanks Buttercup.
Originally Posted by Buttercup