10. Novik Tatiana/Medovikov Konstantin Moscow
    11. Ozerova Ksenia/Enbert Alexander St.Petersburg
    12. Sheremetieva Ekaterina/Kuznetsov Mikhail Moscow

Substitutions:
    1. Vasilieva Ekaterina/ Tokarev Anton Moscow

ICE DANCE

1. Bobrova Ekaterina/Soloviev Dmitri Moscow
    2. Gorshkova Kristina/Butikov Vitali Moscow
    3. Domnina Oksana/Shabalin Maksim Moscow reg.
    4. ZlobinaYulia/SitnikovAlexei Rostov-na-Donu
    5.Kolotilina Olga/Bortsov Alexander Moscow
    6. Mikhailova Natalia/Sergeev Arkadiy Moscow
    7. Platonova Anastasia/Grachov Alexander Moscow
    8. Rubleva Ekaterina/ShefeIvan Moscow
    9. Khokhlova Jana/Novitski Sergei Moscow
    10. Chistiakova Alexander/Kurochkin Vladimir Moscow

Riazanova & Guerreiro are probably skating juniors.
    Have Mikhailova & Maximishin competed this year? And why aren't Ilya Tkachenko and his new partner (I think it's Isabella Tobias?) competing? I know they can't skated internationaly for a year but this is nationals. I hope they aren't injuried....

So its official Plushenko is not coming back since he is not on the Nationals list.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    So its official Plushenko is not coming back since he is not on the Nationals list.
    I'm not at all surprised. From the moment I discovered that Plush wouldn't be competing in the GP series, my intuition "knew" that he wouldn't follow through with his so-called return. He's not my cup of tea, so I can't say that I miss him. *shrugs shoulders* :indiff:

I expect Voronov will successfully defend his title, but my current favourite Russian skater (outside of Fedor Andreev, that is ) is Borodulin. I only discovered him at this year's CoC, but he captivated me from the very first second he started skating. Despite not having a 3-Axel under his belt, I just love his passionate style and how naturally he expresses the music. I have a very good feeling Artem will be able to nab the silver medal here.

Although Voronov isn't my type of skater (either that, or his programs don't seem to suit him----I can't quite figure out what it is ), I still have a bit of a soft spot for him because his LP quad at SC was the first clean one I witnessed in person, not to mention that I think it's TOTALLY adorable that he loves all things Canadian! He's like the reverse of Weir!
    Last edited by siberia82; 12-27-2008 at 02:32 PM.

This might sound like a dumb question, but it's been something I've been asking myself for a while: are the 2 Uspenski's related?

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I'm not at all surprised. From the moment I discovered that Plush wouldn't be competing in the GP series, my intuition "knew" that he wouldn't follow through with his so-called return. He's not my cup of tea, so I can't say that I miss him. *shrugs shoulders* :indiff:
    Wasn't that because he didn't were that high ranked of ISU? He didn't compete last season either and didn't score that much. Or am I completely wrong?

Custom Title

Yes!

Vladimir Uspenski is the younger brother of Alexander Uspenski.

Quote Originally Posted by Eevun View Post
    Wasn't that because he didn't were that high ranked of ISU? He didn't compete last season either and didn't score that much. Or am I completely wrong?
    Plushy has not skated in competition since Torino 2006, so he has no ISU ranking points. But I think the federation could still have given him one the of the CoR slots.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    But I think the federation could still have given him one the of the CoR slots.
    The Russian federation already did it last year but not this year because Piseev already has verified that the continuous speech about his return are only it, only little talk.
    Plushenko has his own tour and he is in a program of tv, does not train with Mishin ect

Custom Title
    Plushenko will remain professional, why come back when you have won all global titles, besides I think he would struggle as the sport has moved on in the past few years and Plushenko was not choreographically good, he had to rely on his excellent technical skills. If you put his LP of Torino to Buttle's LP of world's this year, Buttle was far superior artistically and choreographically.

Back to Russian National's the Pairs and Ice Dance seem straight forward to decide placements but the Men's and Ladies seem open to me.

No, Ksenia Doronina, I understand she is still injured might be a good opportunity here for Alena Leonova to claim top honours. I hope Katarina Gerboldt makes the top 2. Arina Martinova we shall see if she is back to some kind of form but I fear she might be a past number!!

Artem Borodulin I feel might win the mens title but Voronov might pull it off as he seems to be the best hope for Russia at the minute.

Time will tell

Custom Title
    Thanks for the alert, luckyguy!

Ah, there will be some great videos online; what a fine Christmas present!

Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Plushenko will remain professional, why come back when you have won all global titles, besides I think he would struggle as the sport has moved on in the past few years and Plushenko was not choreographically good, he had to rely on his excellent technical skills. If you put his LP of Torino to Buttle's LP of world's this year, Buttle was far superior artistically and choreographically.
    But Plushy was a an excellent and, perhaps more importantly these days, a consistently clean jumper and seemed to be able to pull off quads and quad combos without a hitch; he also got good levels of step sequences, and not just because he could flail his arms with the best of them (though I must say, no other skater comes close to making what he's doing look so much harder than it probably is )). Not many of the current guys could compete with him if he's in good form - figure skating still requires that you get the job done on the tech side.

However, at age 26, after knee surgeries and 3 years off from competitions, having skated mostly under 6.0, I'm not sure he could come back to that level, and he's probably too busy with other things to bother trying.

After watching that 'show' routine I put in Le Cafe, it was clear his free skate is still 'working the audience' as it was in competition. However, this skate shows many weakness including a wonky 3T. I'm not aware of the date of that show piece, but if it were recent, it reminds me of the World Champion Boxer who, after going down hill, in his final days as a boxer resorted to Wrestling.

and, yes, He was a super jumper!

My hopes for Russian Nats: Borodulin, Lutei and Voronov in that order.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 12-23-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    After watching that 'show' routine I put in Le Cafe, it was clear his free skate is still 'working the audience' as it was in competition. However, this skate shows many weakness including a wonky 3T. I'm not aware of the date of that show piece, but if it were recent, it reminds me of the World Champion Boxer who, after going down hill, in his final days as a boxer resorted to Wrestling.
    Joe, I noticed that post but there was no link or file for download that I could see. The boxing/wrestling metaphor could be quite apt, but having only seen Plush at the Golden Skate Awards in recent months, I can't really say. He still flails his arms a lot on the steps .

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Plushy has not skated in competition since Torino 2006, so he has no ISU ranking points. But I think the federation could still have given him one the of the CoR slots.
    Right. Forgot about the federation give. Thanks Buttercup.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast