Russian Nationals 2008 - 2009 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2008 - 2009

lmarie086

Medalist
I'm in love with Martiusheva & Rogonov! What a great team. So far are leading the LP but are behind I&N due to the SP. In a totally different league from the other teams so far, IMHO. :rock:

I saw them for the first time at JGPF and wow, I don't know if it's just me but there was a certain quality about them that made me think of B/S. They have so much potential, I can't wait to see more from them in the future.

Congrats on bronze I/M! I really, really like this team. She in particular is something special. I hope their coaches take good care of them because they are definitely the future of Russian pairs.

oleada

Record Breaker
I/M & M&R have the same coaching team. Their main coach is Natalia Pavlova; her assistant is Alexei Sokolov (Obertas' old partner). I think they are doing a fantastic job. Both teams are really well rounded. I like how even though they share the same coaching team, both teams are completely different in style. :thumbsup: I hope they both go to JW. They're both aging out of the JGP this season, so hopefully we'll be seeing them on the GP next season.

I wonder who does their choreography; it's great!

lmarie086

Medalist
Thanks oleada, I didn't know that! Then I hope the coaches take very, very good care of both teams. They've got some special pupils. And you're right, they're completely different in style; both teams are themselves. I hope both go to JW too, and I'm so pumped that I/M get to go to Senior worlds, that's awesome!

Watching K/B at JGPF I really didn't get them. And they're so close in height! I hope he grows some or they may be in trouble, IMO.

Anyone have any reports on how ice dance was? I see the scores but I'm wondering what they performances were like for say, the top 5?

Shaba22

Final Flight
Euros:

LADIES (2):
Adelina SOTNIKOVA and Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA are too young for Euros (both 12),
so
Katarina GERBOLDT (19 years old),
Nina PETUSHKOVA (16 years old)

MEN (3):
Sergei VORONOV,
Artem BORODULIN,
Andrei LUTAI

PAIRS (3):
Yuko KAWAGUCHI / Alexander SMIRNOV,
Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV,
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADE

ICE DANCE (3):
Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN,
Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI,
Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER

oleada

Record Breaker
Krasilnikova has grown A LOT in the past year. It's really obvious if you look at past photos. Additionally, she was injured, so I think they have regressed technically. Presentation wise, they're..better, but that doesn't mean they're actually any good. It's certainly not a strength.I find them quite sloppy and black faced. But I find that all of the teams coached by the Tiukovs (Kuklina/Kushtanov and Imaikina/Novoselov are two who competed at Russian Nats who I can think of) have this problem.

Anyone have any reports on how ice dance was? I see the scores but I'm wondering what they performances were like for say, the top 5?

I only saw the last three teams.

Rubleva & Shefer - they've improved, but I still find them boring. He is weak. Clearly Svinin/Zhuk bought the bloc because they consistently place below the other teams internationally. It dragged, I thought.

Gorshkova & Butikov - they had one small mistake (tho I can't remember exactly what it was) but I thought overall they were really smooth and elegant. They looked fast after R&S. A nice mature performance. She has nice expression.

Bobrova & Soloviev - WUZROBBED! A really passionate and exciting performance, the crowd seemed really into it.

I would have had it K&N, and G&B and B&S (interchangeable; I thought both were good) as the podium. I don't get Rubleva and Shefer...Politiks, I'm guessing.

casken

On the Ice
Yeah, I don't get how for the second year in a row they went with the team with the worst international results.

They did the same thing with R&S easily beating out B&S for the third spot at Nationals last year, but then both wound up going to worlds anyways becuase of D&S's withdrawal and B&S came out on top of R&S.

B&S and G&B are better judged internationally and have more potential than R&S. I really don't get it either.

7 points is a lot. I wonder if it was the levels?

dancemaster

On the Ice
Yeah, I don't get how for the second year in a row they went with the team with the worst international results.

They did the same thing with R&S easily beating out B&S for the third spot at Nationals last year, but then both wound up going to worlds anyways becuase of D&S's withdrawal and B&S came out on top of R&S.

B&S and G&B are better judged internationally and have more potential than R&S. I really don't get it either.

7 points is a lot. I wonder if it was the levels?
i am not sure one can say that since the GP that both B/S and G/B skate at. were very weak
..eg the marks R/S received for skate america would have placed them in 2 or 3 place in skate canada

dancemaster

On the Ice
The problem with Dance both National and International is the the technical panel as a big voice
if this panel is a little bias you are a dead meat

mika_ooo

Spectator
Could someone please post the detailed score of pairs FS? I would like to see the top pairs’ TES and PCS, especially K/S, M/T, I/M and K/B. Thanks in advance.:love:

volk

Final Flight
Euros:

LADIES (2):
Adelina SOTNIKOVA and Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA are too young for Euros (both 12),
so
Katarina GERBOLDT (19 years old),
Nina PETUSHKOVA (16 years old)

MEN (3):
Sergei VORONOV,
Artem BORODULIN,
Andrei LUTAI

PAIRS (3):
Yuko KAWAGUCHI / Alexander SMIRNOV,
Maria MUKHORTOVA / Maxim TRANKOV,
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADE

ICE DANCE (3):
Oksana DOMNINA / Maxim SHABALIN,
Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI,
Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER

They're sending Leonova instead of Petuskova.

oleada

Record Breaker
Yeah, wise move. Leonova has had good results this season and is much more enjoyable to watch.

berrycute

On the Ice
Yeah, wise move. Leonova has had good results this season and is much more enjoyable to watch.

Yeah I agree, I haven't seen her in action yet but many people have said that they have been impressed by her. And Petushkova really really really needs to work on her presentation and style before international audiences are subjected to her again.

life684

Final Flight
Any idea what happened to Ushakova/ Karaev, the bronze medalist from last years nationals. They also pulled out of Cup of Russia.

It seems Obertas/ Slavnov have decided not to compete anymore, they were hinting a possible return to competition and yet i did not see their name in any competition.

Last edited:

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Ushakova/Karev splitted in autumn.
I think Obertas/Slavnov will never be back, they are touring quite a lot with Plush show and took part in TV show "Star Ice" (prevoius seasons it was named "Dance on Ice").

life684

Final Flight
Ushakova/Karev splitted in autumn.
I think Obertas/Slavnov will never be back, they are touring quite a lot with Plush show and took part in TV show "Star Ice" (prevoius seasons it was named "Dance on Ice").

Thanks for that clarification Snowgirl.

lmarie086

Medalist
I only saw the last three teams.

Rubleva & Shefer - they've improved, but I still find them boring. He is weak. Clearly Svinin/Zhuk bought the bloc because they consistently place below the other teams internationally. It dragged, I thought.

Gorshkova & Butikov - they had one small mistake (tho I can't remember exactly what it was) but I thought overall they were really smooth and elegant. They looked fast after R&S. A nice mature performance. She has nice expression.

Bobrova & Soloviev - WUZROBBED! A really passionate and exciting performance, the crowd seemed really into it.

I would have had it K&N, and G&B and B&S (interchangeable; I thought both were good) as the podium. I don't get Rubleva and Shefer...Politiks, I'm guessing.

Thanks oleada! I'm with you-Rubleva/Shefer do nothing for me. They have the same coach as Khokhlova/Novitski right?

I am really starting to liking Gorshkova/Butikhov. They've got something that's a little business like in their skating at times, but like you I think they have better speed (and expression!) generally than R/S. I was hoping Brobrova/Soloviev would get silver, I like them.

I can't wait to see some videos.

TessaLouise

Rinkside
I am really starting to liking Gorshkova/Butikhov. They've got something that's a little business like in their skating at times, but like you I think they have better speed (and expression!) generally than R/S. I was hoping Brobrova/Soloviev would get silver, I like them.

I'm heartbroken for Bobrova/Soloviev I was so looking forward to seeing them at Europeans and now they won't be able to go, soo sad!!!

oleada

Record Breaker
Thanks oleada! I'm with you-Rubleva/Shefer do nothing for me. They have the same coach as Khokhlova/Novitski right?

I can't wait to see some videos.

Yes, they are both from the Svinin-Zhuk camp (as are the junior teams Pushkash/Kiselev and Baturintseva/Volobuiev). I think this was a pro-Svinin-Zhuk panel, so maybe it was wise for Domnina & Shabalin to stay at home.

I didn't enjoy watching Gorshkova & Butikov last year, but they've grown on me this year. Their skating definitely matured in the off-season :) They still have a lot to work on, but I enjoy watching them now.

I like Bobrova/Soloviev the most out of this three teams, but I wonder if a coaching change is in order to get the most out of their talent.