Russian Nationals 2008 - 2009 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals 2008 - 2009

Kasey

Medalist
wow thanks! is it worth subscription though? :love:

Yes, it is worth the subscription. They showed all the GP events, live, including CDs. They show Russian nationals, Euros, and Worlds live, and I think they showed 4CCs last year also. And you can record video from what you are watching.

Shaba22

Final Flight
ICE DANCE od

Standings now:
1. Kristina Gorshkova / Vitali Butikov 87.53 (#1)
2. Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev 86.60 (#3)
3. Natalia Mikhailova / Arkadi Sergeev 76.03 (#2)
4. Julia Zlobina / Alexei Sitnikov 73.15 (#4)
5. ??? 49.60 (#5)

2nd warm-up group
Anastasia Platonova / Alexander Grachov (#6)
Olga Kolotilina / Alexander Bortsov (#7)
Alexander Chistiakova / Vladimir Kurochkin (#8)
Jana Khokhlova / Sergei Novitski (#9)
Ekaterina Rubleva / Ivan Shefer (#10)

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Yes, it is worth the subscription. They showed all the GP events, live, including CDs. They show Russian nationals, Euros, and Worlds live, and I think they showed 4CCs last year also. And you can record video from what you are watching.
It's really worth it. They show you everything, there is not much advertisement (?), you learn a bit of Russian... Plus today in the break they showed performances by former Russian champions instead of too many boring interviews.

The lady who won Ladies, how old is she? Can she go to Euros and Worlds?

oleada

Record Breaker
I
The lady who won Ladies, how old is she? Can she go to Euros and Worlds?

She is 12 (b. 1996), so she can't. She wasn't even eligible for the JGP this season. Tuktamysheva is also 12 (b. Dec. 17, 1996) and not age eligible for the JGP until the 2010-2011 season.

mika_ooo

Spectator
Tuktamysheva turned 12 last week. I don't think she does the flip, though. She did 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lz, 3T+3T, 2A+2A sequence, 3S, 3Lo and 2A in the LP. Maybe she has the wrong edge and is trying to fix it?

Thanks for response. I do think the girl I'm looking forward to seeing is Tuktamysheva. I just watched her performance in coupe de nice on Youtube and WOW. Can’t believe she was only 10 years old at that time and already had such jumps and basics. If she keeps improving, she sure will have very bright future into the scene.

Shaba22

Final Flight
Results

ICE DANCE - after original:

1. Jana Khokhlova / Sergei Novitski 99.44 (#9)
2. Ekaterina Rubleva / Ivan Shefer 88.63 (#10)
3. Kristina Gorshkova / Vitali Butikov 87.53 (#1)
4. Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev 86.60 (#3)
5. Anastasia Platonova / Alexander Grachov 79.68 (#6)
6. Natalia Mikhailova / Arkadi Sergeev 76.03 (#2)
7. Julia Zlobina / Alexei Sitnikov 73.15 (#4)
8. Alexander Chistiakova / Vladimir Kurochkin 64.12 (#8)
9. Olga Kolotilina / Alexander Bortsov 63.04 (#7)
10. Daria Chupikova - Pavel Gulyaev 49.60 (#5)

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Thanks for response. I do think the girl I'm looking forward to seeing is Tuktamysheva. I just watched her performance in coupe de nice on Youtube and WOW. Can’t believe she was only 10 years old at that time and already had such jumps and basics. If she keeps improving, she sure will have very bright future into the scene.

Her performance today was GORGEOUS! She has such maturity for such a young girl and her basics are :love: Great 3Lutzes (I think it's her best jump) and 3T+3T. She also has an interesting Biellman variation. I don't think she has a major weakness - she has the jumps and her spins and spirals are more than competent. I'd like to see her have a bit more speed but for a 12 year old? She's amazing. Skate Gods, please protect her from the puberty monster!

You should check out Sotnikova as well. She has lovely presentation. Gorgeous artistry and lovely balletic style. Her spins were the best of the competition, IMO. Her jumps are less secure than Tuktamysheva's but her presence in the ice is great for such a young girl. She really knows how to use her arms well to interpret the music.

Shelepen is also very good. If she'd skated a clean SP, I think she would have made the podium. However, at this stage, I prefer Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova. I think Shelepen's programs are a bit generic and I think the other two girls are mentally stronger. However, she also has great spins.

Last edited:

lisou

On the Ice
Wow Sashak, you're a real Grigoriev fan !!! I need to check out more from him, I haven't seen too much but loved him in JGPs last year. Could you maybe advise me on a lovely performance to watch on Youtube ?

Best wishes to both of the Artems, to Artur, Andrei and Nikita (that's a lot of people but I enjoy the young Russians).

Sashak

Rinkside
He was in group 3.

thanks snowgirl! there must be some vids for group 3. i'm waiting in anticipation for the members to post some. as i live in middle east, it is one of the parts that experiences the net outages since last friday when cables between italy and egypt were damaged. i can't watch webtv and hardly watch youtube. it's all santa's fault! :banging:

Sashak

Rinkside
Wow Sashak, you're a real Grigoriev fan !!! I need to check out more from him, I haven't seen too much but loved him in JGPs last year. Could you maybe advise me on a lovely performance to watch on Youtube ?

Best wishes to both of the Artems, to Artur, Andrei and Nikita (that's a lot of people but I enjoy the young Russians).

he's my friend! he's so sweet and down to earth i really love him as a person. :love: i like his performance on 2008 future stars 2014. check all his yet "11" vids on youtube! you are gonna love him! :love:

lisou

On the Ice
Thank you, I will do exactly that !!! I like skaters with great expression so I think I should enjoy him.

life684

Final Flight
Do you have those posts' #s?

Borodulin's 2nd? What a treat ;)

I believe it is in post 16, but the information is used in quite alot of posts.

Any background information on Novik and Medovikov; In the past, they seem to have done SBS 3Lo and 3S in an single program but they can only to 2STh and 2LoTh. i Feel they where singles skaters.

They also seems to do all the singles elements like SBS jumps and spins well, but sort of allergic to each other with all the other pairs elements

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I see. Google probably translates Russian Nats 'ChR' abbreviation as 'Czech Republic', while in fact ppl talk about 'Championships of Russia'.

oleada

Record Breaker

Any background information on Novik and Medovikov; In the past, they seem to have done SBS 3Lo and 3S in an single program but they can only to 2STh and 2LoTh. i Feel they where singles skaters.

They finished 7th at the JGP Sheffield this year, earning personal bests in each segment. They did indeed land the side by side 3Loops there. They were such a pleasant surprise! Absolutely charming program to "Singing in the Rain" performed with great musicality. If they can get the difficult jumps and throw consistent, they will be a force to be reckoned with!

They finished 6th in the Kazan Russia Cup event (junior pairs) but second in the Moscow event in Senior pairs. They have at least one more year of JGP eligibility (and they look VERY young, especially her). I think they are coached by Nina Mozer, who is also Sheremetieva & Kuznetsov's coach. Both these teams are very musical, imo.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
They finished 7th at the JGP Sheffield this year, earning personal bests in each segment. They did indeed land the side by side 3Loops there. They were such a pleasant surprise! Absolutely charming program to "Singing in the Rain" performed with great musicality. If they can get the difficult jumps and throw consistent, they will be a force to be reckoned with!

They finished 6th in the Kazan Russia Cup event (junior pairs) but second in the Moscow event in Senior pairs. They have at least one more year of JGP eligibility (and they look VERY young, especially her). I think they are coached by Nina Mozer, who is also Sheremetieva & Kuznetsov's coach. Both these teams are very musical, imo.

Thank you very much for that information, oleada.

I see. Google probably translates Russian Nats 'ChR' abbreviation as 'Czech Republic', while in fact ppl talk about 'Championships of Russia'.

Thank you Hsuhs for explaining why ChR appears as Czech republic in Google translations

Last edited: