What does AP have to do to make the world team | Golden Skate

What does AP have to do to make the world team

E

eltamina

What does AP have to do to make the world team

She is talented, hard working, and one of the best (if not the best) spinner among the top ladies. She has a real lutz, and can land triple loop/triple loop. She lips her flip. She has good edges, and ice coverage, but lacks speed. Button said her spiral has improved. Her costume will forever be graced with a million sequins (can't change that). She has mature a lot, as a skater and person. She is in college and continues ice skating and in line skating. Leaving Tom is a surprise. Who will be coaching her next year?

So what does AP have to do to make the world team?

S

sk8guy2k2

Re: What does AP have to do to make the world team

I suggest that she and Ye Bin Mok both represent Korea. One competes at Worlds, places in the top 10 or so and the other gets to go the Worlds next year. Unfortunately traveling these days is risky.

S

sk8guy2k2

Also get rid of the sequins...I've heard that its much brighter in person so maybe it hurts the judge's eyes.

J

Joesitz

Continue improving as she has been doing. She has talented. One nit pick: I would like to see her turn more out at the knee and point the toes of the free leg.

Joe

M

magentataupe

Improve her technical merit and spiral.

B

BronzeisGolden02

I honestly believe AP will be a future world champion. She already is such a wonderful skater and I can't imagine what years of improvement will bring. Her presentation is coming along nicely and the technical merit is fine, but I would also agree that she needs to work on the spiral. She also needs to work on the double axel, it looks a little Lipinski-ish and it seems to be a weak element for her. I applaud her for doing a true lutz jump, but the entrance she uses doesn't strike me as the most aesthetically pleasing. LOL, maybe it's just me! I'm very excited about this young lady and I can't wait to see what this next season will bring for her.

R

rgirl181

I think AP came very close to making the World team this year and in fact many thought she should have won over Sasha. She seems to have excellent consistency and that's a big plus. If Sarah does not compete next year or does not compete well, I think AP will be on the podium (barring injury or mischevious skating gods). If Sasha does not improve her jumps and consistency, AP could well finish ahead of her. But she's got to get that 2Axel in shape, since it will be a requirement. The spiral does not concern me much. She's got good extension and if she improves her speed and edging, I think she'll score as well as anyone on her spiral even without great height on the free leg.

As for the snowflake sequins, I think there is no way Mama AP is going to give those up;)
Rgirl

E

eltamina

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>As for the snowflake sequins, I think there is no way Mama AP is going to give those up[/quote]

ITA :rollin:

How about adding a dog collar to the sequins? Remember her exhibition costume at nationals 2003? Somehow strange enough, those costumes do not look too bad on AP. Kristi used to wear dog collars and she wore it reasonably too.

R

rgirl181

As long as they leave the leashes at home, I have no problem with skaters wearing dog collars. To each his own;)
Rgirl

T

THIZfiyaVIETgrl

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>She lips her flip[/quote]

Um, isn't that bad? I know it makes it like a Lutz and the Lutz is considered more difficult, but it is still taking off from the wrong edge.

G

Glacierskater

Eltamina,
What is a dog collar? I love the sequins. I can't get enough of them :)

S

sk8ing lady2001

I voted a & c. :)