Your Hopes for US NATIONALS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Your Hopes for US NATIONALS

R.D.

Record Breaker
I've said this before, but there's a LOT at stake. I'd be surprised if we see any clean programs this year from the Ladies.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I've said this before, but there's a LOT at stake. I'd be surprised if we see any clean programs this year from the Ladies.

Well, 3 spots at next year's Worlds and Olympics seems unlikely .... almost as unlikely as an American man winning the GPF. :biggrin:

(On the other hand, what happened to Shawn Johnson?!! It's only been a few months since the summer olympics!)

Well, it looks like Shawn put on more muscle than Caroline. :eek:

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
Great topic!

After last year, I really don't have a favorite lady but I would love for a repeat of 2007
Kimmie Meissner
Alissa Czisny
Emily Hughes

Men
Evan Lysacek
Jeremy Abbott
Ryan Bradley

Pairs
Baldwin/Inoue
McLaughlin/Brubaker
Castile/ Okolski

Dance
B/A
S/B
I'd love to see Gregory/Petukhov back but I don't think they are gong to Nationals. They are touring, I think. I loved S/B program last year and I can't wait to see their performance.

Michelle's Fan

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Michelle'sFan - Melissa and Denis aren't going to skate at nationals this year, but they're keeping the option open for next season... :)

pualanijo

Spectator
My hopes

For the men: that Parker Pennington will do well. I had talked to his mom around Christmas and she told me that his programs are good. So, I will be cheering for Parker.

For the ladies: Alissa Czisny will probably be in the top three.

lcd

Match Penalty
Senior:

Ladies:
Rachael Flatt
Alissa Czisney :agree:
Mirai Nagasu

Men:
Jeremy Abbott :bow:
Johnny Weir
Ryan Bradley :rock:

Dance:
Meryl Davis/Charlie White :agree:
Tanith Belbin/Ben Agosto
Emily Samuelson/Evan Bates

Pairs:
Keauna McLaughlin/Rockne Brubaker
Brooke Castile/Ben Okolski
Rena Inoue/John Baldwin

Junior:

Ladies:
Amanda Dobbs
Ellie Kawamura
Carolyn-Ann Alba

Men:
Armin Mahbanoozadeh :)
Richard Dornbush
Alexander Johnson

Dance:
Maia Shibutani/Alex Shibutani :bow::love:
Madison Chock/Greg Zuerlein
Piper Gilles/Zachary Donohue

Pairs:
Tracy Tanovich/Michael Chau :agree:
Brynn Carman/Christopher Knierim
Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir

Wow. I agree with all of your predictions! Juniors included.

I'll add a hope: A satisfying, emotionally positive skate for hometown senior journey man - Parker Pennington. I'm not thinkingplacement. Just 'satisfaction' in whatever form that will be for him.

dupagegal

Rinkside
Wishes

I hope Parker does well. He is such an awsome role model. My child is a national competitor and found encouragement and energy for Parker.

Oldies

Rinkside
Wow! I was surprised to see how much Caroline grew! In videos she always looks so small and petite. She is almost as tall as Rachael now. I wonder how that will affect her at Nationals.

I don't have an overwhelming favorite so I'm just hoping everyone does their best and that the results are clear and fair. That's a lot to ask of COP, I know.

OK, I'll admit I have special hopes for Johnny, Ashley, and Mirai, and I also hope Kristine Musademba will have a breakout performance. I saw her live when she was a novice and thought she was just beautiful.

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
Michelle'sFan - Melissa and Denis aren't going to skate at nationals this year, but they're keeping the option open for next season... :)

Thanks, that what I thought. I sure hope they come back for the Olympic year but they will have a lot of competition....:yes:

Michelle'sFan

lmarie086

Medalist
Another hope of mine is no more injuries forcing skaters to withdraw! Tanith and Ben are already out :frown:

Nationals will be so odd without them!

Not to mention I now how nooo idea as to how the podium will look. It's a bit of a mystery for me; I have an idea as to which teams, but the order is up in the air.

Last edited:

luvsasha

Final Flight
i agree ^^ no more injuries or withdrawals

other than that, i hope Davis/White, Alissa Czisny, Caroline Zhang, Ashley Wagner, Mirai Nagasu, Kimmie Meissner, McLaughlin/Brubaker, Jeremy Abbott and Evan Lysacek all skate fantastically!

Another hope of mine is no more injuries forcing skaters to withdraw! Tanith and Ben are already out :frown:

Nationals will be so odd without them!

Not to mention I now how nooo idea as to how the podium will look. It's a bit of a mystery for me; I have an idea as to which teams, but the order is up in the air.
The Ladies - no way can anyone pick the podium but they can hope.

The Men - are Abbott, Weir, Lysacek, but what order and think of whom I am leaving out! Rippon, Bradley, Carriere, Mroz, and the ever popular Pennington.

Pairs - Hard to think anyone can beat McL/Bru but there is a renewed Inoue/Baldwin and, a comeback for Castille/Okalski. How about Evora/Ladwig.
Vise/Trent; Paetsch/Nuss; Yankawskas/ Coughlin Not that easy to pick silver and bronze.

Skate Dance - D/W followed by S/B. Because of WD of B/A. it will be a battle betwen N/B and The Hubbells.

If everyone skates their best, this should be the best Nationals since when?

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
If everyone skates their best, this should be the best Nationals since when?

Definitely would be the best I've seen...and I've been watching since 2003. Not necessarily the most EXCITING though.

I hope Parker does well. He is such an awsome role model. My child is a national competitor and found encouragement and energy for Parker.
Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. Post often, post long! Go Parker! :clap:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! I was surprised to see how much Caroline grew! In videos she always looks so small and petite. She is almost as tall as Rachael now. I wonder how that will affect her at Nationals.

Rachael is only 5' tall. Both Caroline and Rachael are still small for figure skaters. Rachael is 16 and Caroline is 14, so Rachael isn't likely to get much taller, while Caroline probably will (her older sister is quite tall).

lmarie086

Medalist
Rachael is only 5' tall. Both Caroline and Rachael are still small for figure skaters. Rachael is 16 and Caroline is 14, so Rachael isn't likely to get much taller, while Caroline probably will (her older sister is quite tall).

Caroline is 15.

Joesitz, Nationals this year should definitely be exciting. Outside of pairs, and perhaps dance a bit, it's very unpredictable.