Next year's locations | Golden Skate

Next year's locations

CanSkate_Rules

Spectator
hi all....i heard from someone that next year's locations are posted somewhere but i cant seem to find them can someone help me with this thanks!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The following is only what I've heard UNOFFICIALLY (and posted on FSU on Dec. 9th). Note that only 7 JGPs are listed (down from 8)...

Budapest, HUN - Aug. 26-30 OR Sept 16-20, 2009
TBA in USA - Sept. 2-6 (pairs)
Torun, POL - Sept. 9-13 (pairs)
Minsk, BLR - Sept. 23-27 (pairs)
Dresden, GER - Sept. 30-Oct 4 (pairs)
Zagreb, CRO - Oct 7-11
Istanbul, TUR - Oct 14-18

JGP Final combined with Senior - Dec. 3-6 in JPN (city TBD)

Not sure when this information will be officially published online or if it has been yet.

ETA: According to Alexandra Stevenson's JGP Final report on ISIO:
Next season, due to ISU budget cuts, there will be only seven Junior Grand Prix events instead of eight. The provisional allocations are: Budapest, the capital of Hungary; Zagreb, the capital of Croatia; Istanbul, the capital of Turkey; Minsk, the capital of Belarus; Torun, a city in Poland which is a new facility where Dorota and Mariusz Siudek now coach; Dresden, in Germany; Minsk, the capital of Belarus, and, in the United States, Lake Placid, NY. The Junior and Senior Finals will again be combined. They will be held in Japan at a city to be announced, December 3-6.

Last edited:

icedancexpert

Rinkside
When will Canada host another JGP event? We hosted Junior Worlds a couple years back but I'm hoping that we get one soon! Us Canadians...WE LOVE OUR SKATING!!! :agree: :biggrin: