Entries? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries?

Puffy71

Rinkside
He has been hurt, and it was my understanding that he was hoping to be ready for nationals (whenever that is/was) and/or Euros, but it's doesn't look like he's competing in either.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Too bad for Sarah.. soo many injury withdrawals.. its been such a let down this whole season. Now, theres a big chance for two finn ladies on the podium.

And i think is funny how the brittish federation havent decided who to send as their second lady so they entered every skater possible as a sustitute :):)

Nirti

Medalist
Piatkowska/Khromin have some problems with polish fed.
To sum up, they have coaching and financial problems, their results are bad, Polish Fed prefer the new pairs Klimczak/Karweta and Sulej/Chruscinski, Piatkowska/Khromin are disappointed and want to represent another country. They choice Belgium (who search pairs) and have ask a senator to help them to change federation.

But nobody in this pair have belgian origins and this change will be very, very difficult and long, because it's the war between polish fed and P/K.

So if one day they skate for Belgium, it will be not before 2010/2011. And they need a belgian citizenship.

Eurofan

On the Ice
Thanks, Nirti. It sounded a little wild, but since Polish isn't in my language arsenal, I couldn't read the linked documents and judge for myself whether "Ziggy's" translation was sensationalized or accurate.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Too bad for Sarah.. soo many injury withdrawals.. its been such a let down this whole season. Now, theres a big chance for two finn ladies on the podium.

And i think is funny how the brittish federation havent decided who to send as their second lady so they entered every skater possible as a sustitute :):)

British Nationals are the week before Europeans. Due to the ever changing requirements to get on the GB squad and the various comeptitions the skaters must attend and attend certain point totals no other lady technically "qualified" to go to Europeans. It seems the requirements are now allowing the skaters to attempt to achieve the score required at the British next week. I can't say that the skater who gets the second spot (if indeed she gets the required points) is in an enviable position, having to jump straight on a flight to what will be her first European championships. Hardly the conditions for a best placement really.

Ant

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Is she injured? She's been having a terrible season, so I'm guessing yes. Or is it a mental thing?

She injured her ankle during practices at Skate America nd she is recovering very well. She came in 4th place at Nationals.
Morozov was in Italy last week and I guess he still is, he followed her recovery and the federation planned a test on january 6th.The test had good results, but Valentina herself decided not to come as she is not yet 100% and the best she 'd be able to do, according to what she said, would be same results as last year, and she doesn't want so.

Nirti

Medalist
Francesca Rio replace her. She's really promising and have good results this year :)

When did Valanetina start training with Morozov?
i woud like to know too.

I found Marchei quite competitive at the Worlds in Tokyo. Was hoping for something even more special in 2008 but it didn't happen. Let's hope she gets to 100% and we'll see her in LA.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
She began training with Morozov this summer. She decided to move to Hackensack then. She's still tranining with her team in Italy (I don't know if she's still training with Pierre Trente though, as she usually moved to France to train with him) when she comes back, but I can say she's spending a lot of time in the USA.