Entries? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries?

Nirti

Medalist
After today's test of FFSG, Vanessa James and Yannick Bonheur are selected to french team. Mélodie Chataignier and Medhi Bouzzine are only substitute.

In Ice dancing, Terra Findlay and Benoît Richaud replace Delobel/Schoenfelder. Zoé Blanc and Pierre-Loup Bouquet are the substitute.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
After today's test of FFSG, Vanessa James and Yannick Bonheur are selected to french team. Mélodie Chataignier and Medhi Bouzzine are only substitute.

In Ice dancing, Terra Findlay and Benoît Richaud replace Delobel/Schoenfelder. Zoé Blanc and Pierre-Loup Bouquet are the substitute.

I agree with the FFSG for sending James and Bonheur to the Euros but Findlay & Richaud? Please! Blanc & Bouquet are far mora mature in their style, whereas Findlay and Richaud's FD is just another average FD.
Maybe the FFSG are worried the foreign judges won't understand Blanc & Bouquet's FD, or that the judges won't appreciate their originality.

Nirti

Medalist
I agree with the FFSG for sending James and Bonheur to the Euros but Findlay & Richaud? Please! Blanc & Bouquet are far mora mature in their style, whereas Findlay and Richaud's FD is just another average FD.
Maybe the FFSG are worried the foreign judges won't understand Blanc & Bouquet's FD, or that the judges won't appreciate their originality.

Yes, it's a strange decision, but FFSG estimates that Findlay/Richaud have more potential as Blanc/Bouquet...
They are technically better, but artistically, they are a junior pair like the other junior pairs...
Every year FFSG make controversial selections, one time they look at the results, on time at the potential, one time at a questionable test... no transparency at all. :frown:

Nirti

Medalist
Tamar Katz (Israel) is withdraw. So Jenna Syken (national champion this year) will go to Helsinki.

toequeen

Spectator
Findlay and Richaud have only been skating a little over a year together. They have nice lines and look nice together. They came 3rd at Nationals and outskated Zoe and Pierre at the selections. They earned their spot fair and square. Zoe and Pierre's Sr. Grand Prix results were not strong this year as well and the team that earned the spot should go. I think it is a great opportunity for Findlay and Richaud to be seen in the Senior curcuit and they are young.

Nirti

Medalist
2 changes :

Katherine Hadford replace Bianka Padar for Hungary. I've heard that a selection test was planned, so maybe Hadford have win this test.

And for UK, Karly Robertson is the 2nd lady. She's provisionally 2nd at the national championship, after the short program.

I'm surprised that the british team don't have change in men and ice dancing. Towler-Green/Poole are 2nd, but there are Chitwood/Hanretty (4th) who are going to Helsinki. And Elliot Hilton, 5th is selected for men competition, his only substitute is Thomas Paulson, only 4th... No Matthew Parr, the UK champion... It's a stupidity to announce selection before the national championship when the level between skaters is too similar.

(And sorry for the bad grammar :rolleye:)

Nirti

Medalist
According to Türkish Federation website, Kutay Eryoldas (winner of Nats this weekend) will go to Helsinki, and not Alper Ucar (only 2nd).

Eurofan

On the Ice
According to Türkish Federation website, Kutay Eryoldas (winner of Nats this weekend) will go to Helsinki, and not Alper Ucar (only 2nd).

I'm so sorry. I loved Uçar's SP to Louis Armstrong's "La Vie en Rose" ('06?) and ever since I've been hoping he'd make it to the Free Skate.
But tebrikler to Eryoldas on his win.

Last edited: