Fedor Andreev new LP video | Golden Skate

Fedor Andreev new LP video

A good looking guy; a good skater, and Tchaikowsky Violin Concerto, how can he lose?

one problem I saw was the stamina going out after 2 minutes but there were no falls. I think Canada Fed has to think about this guy for 4CC.

wonssoyou

Rinkside
Goooooooooooo Fedor !!!! His Triple Axel is really good!!!

It choreographed by Jeff Buttle.
Good job, Jeffrey~ :rock:

Medusa

Record Breaker
That wasn't bad at all. I loved the circular steps, very musical, especially the part in the middle. You see the Buttle in some of the movements. It's one of my very favourite pieces of music, so I hope that Andreev can really do it justice.

What I didn't like was the general lack of speed and conviction in his movements, but that has probably a lot to do with the lack of experience with the program, he might be able to improve on that till Nationals / 4CC / Worlds. And he has to work on the spins, they were sometimes painfully slow and seemed not to relate to the music at all - all of them looked very laboured.

His jumps look solid, especially the 3A - which gives him an advantage over, well, all the other Canadian guys out there including the Superchan.

If he skates like this at Canadian Nationals, shouldn't he make it to 4CC and Worlds? The Canadians got three spots - they got Chan, they got Sawyer... Andreev could fight with Sawyer for the silver, Chipeur in the mix of course.

^^
Agree. He seems tentative with every Buttle move. I think he just needs more practice and it will be more ready for 4CC. How can he fit in? Chan, Reynolds, Sawyer, Chipeur?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Along newness of the program I think the size of the rink has something to do with the tentitivness of his performance. That was a tiny rink, and especially after practicing on a larger rink, as I'm assuming he does, regularly it can take some time to get used to the smaller size. It takes me a week to get used to a small ice surface again after spending a summer on Oly sized ice and i don't skate nearly as fast or jump as high as Sr. level skaters.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Fedor interprets the music really wonderfully and the programme looks beautiful. On the other hand I think though that he may lose unnecessary points in PCS.

Wow, what a natural. His jumps look so easy. If he can speed up his spins and footwork, look out, Patrick (and I looooooooove Patrick).

enlight78

Medalist
Wow, what a natural. His jumps look so easy. If he can speed up his spins and footwork, look out, Patrick (and I looooooooove Patrick).

ITA

He improve unbelievably fast. I starting to fill like worlds and 4CC, Euro's don't give enough spots to catch up with the depth of men's skating. France, Japan, USA, and Canada has 4 strong skaters.

stevlin

On the Ice
Fedor's skating

I saw the lp of Fedors but does anyone have his short program? I'd love to see it. Also does anyone have Vaughn Chipeur's programs? I like him also. Thanks.:love:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada

I believe that Siberian tiger (Fedor is Russian-born after all) will let out a commanding roar in Saskatoon, informing the younger cubs who's king of the Canadian ice jungle. :biggrin: I'm fond of Patrick, but if Fedor manages to bring his A-game to the table, I won't complain if he becomes Canada's new leading man. :p (Credit goes to cloudkicker09 for coming up with that wonderful analogy. :agree:)

He improve unbelievably fast.

It's hard to believe that this program is only 2 months old. Fedor's 26 going on 27, which makes his rapid progress even more remarkable. He beat his competitors who were younger and longer-trained than him at both the Eastern Ontario Sectionals and the Senior Challenge with virtually no practice time. There's still some wrinkles which need to ironed out (like his speed and spins), but I think his LP looks pretty darn good for a last-minute project. And his 3-Axels are to DIE FOR!!! :bow: They look even better than last season; perhaps this is Orser's influence?

I starting to fill like worlds and 4CC, Euro's don't give enough spots to catch up with the depth of men's skating. France, Japan, USA, and Canada has 4 strong skaters.

I understand why the ISU would want to keep the limit at 3 (otherwise the other countries would have much harder time trying to move up in the rankings), but it does suck when a superpower has more than 3 good athletes in a single discipline. :disapp: That means one or two will get stuck at home even though talent-wise they deserve to skate at Worlds almost as much as their teammates.

I saw the lp of Fedors but does anyone have his short program? I'd love to see it.

Perhaps someone will grant your request, but for now, you'll have to stare long and hard at this sizzlin' hot picture of Fedor in his SP outfit so you can imagine the "sexy, subtle" choreography that Jeff created for him ;): http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/MoreAbsoluteSkating/2008SCChallenges/DSC03149.jpg

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
That wasn't bad at all. I loved the circular steps, very musical, especially the part in the middle. You see the Buttle in some of the movements. It's one of my very favourite pieces of music, so I hope that Andreev can really do it justice.

What I didn't like was the general lack of speed and conviction in his movements, but that has probably a lot to do with the lack of experience with the program, he might be able to improve on that till Nationals / 4CC / Worlds. And he has to work on the spins, they were sometimes painfully slow and seemed not to relate to the music at all - all of them looked very laboured.

His jumps look solid, especially the 3A - which gives him an advantage over, well, all the other Canadian guys out there including the Superchan.

If he skates like this at Canadian Nationals, shouldn't he make it to 4CC and Worlds? The Canadians got three spots - they got Chan, they got Sawyer... Andreev could fight with Sawyer for the silver, Chipeur in the mix of course.

Before everyobdy gets overly excited, I would like to bring in a reality check into Fedor's prospects.
I would like to think I am wrong, though;)
Yes, his program looks pretty good, but after knowing him since 8 years or so ago, the observation about his lack of speed is his liability, he always skated slow . To have a new speed at his age would require a super preparation which I doubt will happen.
That being said, the other problem which held him back before he retired was his 3 axel, now that is really awesome it seems. His musicality was never a problem, he can earn precious points in presentation and performance, under COP.

That being said, he can definitely get on the Canadian podium, where he was before once, in 2003.

And because I am a big sucker for comebacks, I hope he will do just that and he prepares seriously for 4cc at least, for a better results than his 8th place in the same year.

lcd

Match Penalty
I was actually quite impressed with the level of conviction in his skating. The choice of music kind of speaks for itself.

Marine63

Rinkside
U.S. Skaters

ITA

He improve unbelievably fast. I starting to fill like worlds and 4CC, Euro's don't give enough spots to catch up with the depth of men's skating. France, Japan, USA, and Canada has 4 strong skaters.

Actually, the U.S. has more than 4 strong skaters. When you think of Abbott, Lysacek, Weir, Carriere, Bradley who all medaled during the GP series. Then you have up and comers like Adam Rippon. U.S. Nationals should be very entertaining!:rock:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Actually, the U.S. has more than 4 strong skaters. When you think of Abbott, Lysacek, Weir, Carriere, Bradley who all medaled during the GP series. Then you have up and comers like Adam Rippon. U.S. Nationals should be very entertaining!:rock:

Canada has more than 4 male prospects as well....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
The more I watch this program the more I like it. It's pure skating. Of course, Fedor is still working on it. There is a lot of detail. Kudos to Jeff...

:agree:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:love: :agree: FEDOR's new SP jazzy and superb!!!!! :agree: :love:

I would describe the music as "bluesy" rather than "jazzy". ;)

EDIT: The previous link is now dead, so here's another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIocs2SL_wE

do u luv it???

Absolutely!!! :biggrin: That performance was HAWT!!! Tsssssssssss! :cool: Jeff acted a tad "fan girl-ish" around Fedor in that recent Globe & Mail article, and he clearly had a "fan girl's eye" when he designed SP. :p When skated to its full potential, I'm sure there will be women in the audience who'll collapse out of their chairs! :laugh:

What an interesting contrast of styles. I'm very happy that Jeff gave Fedor something a little different. :thumbsup: Andreev is a versatile skater, but we rarely get to see the other facets of his on-ice personality. Marina Z. almost always pushed her son to skate to classical music, and it got a little tiresome after a while. At least Jeff's in charge of the choreo now, so he brought a fresh perspective to the "Violin Concerto" routine.

Last edited: