Most 'Put Down' Skater | Golden Skate

Most 'Put Down' Skater

J

Joesitz

Most 'Put Down' Skater

Who, in your opinion, is the most 'put down" skater (based) in present day skating in the Golden Skate Forum.

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Most 'Put Down' Skater

It seems Michael Weiss is the #1 punching bag for the GS forum.

M

mathman444

Cool poll. Michelle and Sasha generate the most heat, but for every detractor they have a dozen rushing to their defence. Alexei Yagudin is another in this category.

Sarah is so nice that everyone wants to be nice back, even though there is a lot to criticize this year skating-wise.

So I guess, yeah, Michael Weiss does not seem to have the same kind of fan base here that other skaters do.

In the "other" category, does Ottavio Cinquanta count?

Mathman

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

it's a tie with Mike and Speedy... though I voted Mike

I love the guy... if y'all want him off your hands down there send him my way in Alaska... I'd love to sit and watch him and talk with him ;)

I

IWannabeASkater

Definitly Speedy LOL, although I don't think anyone on here gets really upset about that.

2nd I would have to say Mike, but a lot of those comments are directed at things he has said or done rather than his skating itself.

I would also say Sasha gets put down a lot, but she has plenty of fans on here too.

~ Jen

C

CB1AB2

Mike= because he is so cocky

cb

S

Show 42

.......Michael......and not just at this forum. The comments here are mild compared to other forums....and nothing constructive, just basic bashing (okay, I know he screws up now and then.........).......42

D

Dee4707

I voted for other. I think GS forum really did a number on Alexei and he didn't even skate much this year. Just wondering what would have happened if he skated the whole season. Even Mike's cockiness didn't get a 4 page thread like Alexei's. Just my opinion.

Dee

S

sk8cynic

I voted Sasha as her technique and artistry seem to spark strongly differing opinions. OTOH, Mike doesn't seem to catch as much heat about technique and edges, etc. but makes up for it with the criticism about the fact that he can't keep his fat mouth shut for very long.

K

Kasey

I definitely think Mike Weiss is the most put down skater based on the posts I've read at this forum...whether he has a problem with tact, ego, whatever....people just can't seem to NOT have an opinion about him. I personally like his skating, and like the person he appears to be...Kasey

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
LOL Michael Wuss LOL
I am little guilty of that too but
there is something about him that irks me

Sarah is put down too
</strong></span>

P

Princess Leppard 625

Gotta go with Mikey, but, geez, the guy just brings it on himself, doesn't he? have you seen the thread at FSU about figure skating books you'll never read? mikey, mikey, mikey...

My personal fave...."touring DC in a Hummer.":rollin:

Cheers,

Laura :)

D

DORISPULASKI

Tim and Mike Weiss.

Mike is his own worst enemy.

dpp

R

rgirl181

I went with Mike. Speedy, IMO, is in a class by himself. But I've noticed since Worlds that here and there people have been taking shots at Sarah that we never would have seen six months ago. Even her "niceness" has been questioned or used sarcastically. Not that Sarah is getting a big bashing, it just seems that there's either been a shift in general attitudes towards Sarah or else just a few attitudes of some new posters.

L

lil icesk8er915

Everyone seems to bashing sarah, but give her a break people! She had all of that media attention after the Olympics so she probably didn't have as much training. I remember at COI last year she didn't show up for the opening number but still got there in time to skate her solo. Pretty impressive!