What's The Worst Movie You Seen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What's The Worst Movie You Seen

Bennett

Record Breaker
Gee, I don't remember any bad movies. I just leave or turn off DVD right after I find it to be uninteresting. When I can't leave because of having a company, I think about a completely different thing that develops its own story. Wasting as long as two hours in front of the screen to see a bad movie is one of the most painful things to do. I once spent a lot of time outside to "wash my hands" and to "breathe the fresh air," which I now think was really rude to my date at that time. I also once asked another to turn off DVD because I really couldn't deal with some of the scenes (See, why movie dating is a bad idea?). I really think that watching a movie requires such a commitment at least in terms of time.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Child's Play....A Chuckie Movie

A friend asked me to meet him at the theater for a movie. I did and I had always liked going because he would research the movie before we saw it. This particular day I think he had gotten the time mixed up. I met him in the lobby and all of sudden I notice that he's looking at all the movies. I realized he was looking at the time so that we could go into one of the movies....which ended up being Child's Play. I hated that movie...I hate wasting 1 1/2 hours of my life watching a stupid doll that wouldn't die. My friend thought it was funny when I would jump when Chuckie would come back to life.

Dee

sillylionlove

Medalist
There are so many but the first one that comes to mind is Waterworld. I remember being on a plane to Vegas when they played that movie. I fell asleep. I turned to the person next to me and said...how was the movie...he was like I dont know I fell asleep. I then went up to the front part of the plane and asked my parents how the movie was....same response..I fell asleep. In fact, I couldn't find one person on the plane that watched the movie!!!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
SInce I have difficulty with the whole suspention of disbelief thing...

Cape Fear (so very stupid...no one behaves that way)
Titanic (girl - get on the boat!)
Anything James Bond
ConAir
Leaving Las Vegas (not a bad movie, just too depressing...)
Saw (please)
Amitiville Horror (if a house tells me to get out - I'm out)
Blades of Glory (granted, I hate Will Ferrall so nothing good could come from that)
and...

Batman Begins - if the Joker isn't killing Bruce Wayne's parents, then its not Batman!!! (so there!)

dutchherder

Final Flight
Jhar55,

The movie Stealing Beauty is really bad, but you should check out the soundtrack. It's pretty amazing!!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
KW - I am SO glad I am not the only one who didn't like Titanic or Batman Begins...

I also felt that The Dark Knight was incredibly overhyped...

Winnipeg

Final Flight
Moulin Rouge

Titanic - the illogical behaviour of the girl did it for me............and the scenes where she was running around in the water calling "Jack, Jack, Jack ad adnauseum.....and she really did me in as the older person who dumped the beautiful necklace in the sea. How dumb is that.

Blair Witch Project

Eraserhead

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I liked Winslet as Rose so long as DiCaprio was not in the shot, she did very well playing off Victor Garbor... actually the entire secondary cast was much better than the two leads...

and I forgot about how awful The Break Up was... it sucked big time.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
KW - I am SO glad I am not the only one who didn't like Titanic or Batman Begins...

I always knew there was a reason I liked you so very much.... If we could just rule the world...(sigh)

dutchherder

Final Flight
I thought The Dark Knight was a snooze. In fact, I fell asleep three times. The Break Up, though, I thought was pretty good. It was one of the more realistic break ups I'd seen in a movie. Plus, Vince Vaughn winking at the end is worth it!!!:love:

Other movies that I thought were way overhyped:

Juno
Michael Clayton
The 300

antmanb

Record Breaker

I am very proud to say that I have never watched Titanic. Never fancied it, never believed it would live up to the hype. Still haven't watched it and don't think i'm missing out.

I have to say, though, that i love Batman Begins. Ok so the joker didn't kill Bruce's parents in it but i really enjoyed it. I am a sucker for superhero films (except the awful Superman Returns - what a load of crap!).

The Dark Knight - i waited to watch it on DVD. Glad I did wait for the DVD - it was enjoyable enough but i thought the acting (bar ledger) was bad - Maggie Gyllenhaal (sp? ) was a poor, poor substitute for Katie Holmes, and the guy that was her boyfriend was ham-tastic. Ledger was great as the Joker - came across as genuinely crazy - but i as a character I preferred Jack Nicholson's characterisation in the first Batman film.

Ant

flying camel

Medalist
I did not think I would like Titanic but to this day I can say it was the most exciting movie I had ever seen at a theatre. But it was so long. I hated to go to the washroom. That's how good and exciting it was.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The Dark Knight - i waited to watch it on DVD. Glad I did wait for the DVD - it was enjoyable enough but i thought the acting (bar ledger) was bad - Maggie Gyllenhaal (sp? ) was a poor, poor substitute for Katie Holmes, and the guy that was her boyfriend was ham-tastic. Ledger was great as the Joker - came across as genuinely crazy - but i as a character I preferred Jack Nicholson's characterisation in the first Batman film.

Ant

I never saw Batman Begins all the way through. I turned it off because I just didn't like where Bale was taking BATMAN... however I adore his Bruce Wayne.

and I agree that Heath was great as the joker, but Nicholson owned that character... I cannot watch Nicholson without seeing some of those scenes in my head and I'm almost phobic of him (I refuse to sit in the booth at Applebees that has the picture of him in the Joker make up).

heyang

Record Breaker
I loved Titanic. For me, it wasn't just about the boat sinking - although they did portray some very well documented elements (i.e. the elderly couple who stayed in their room to die together, that many of the life boats were not filled to capacity, etc.) The movie did a good job at illustrating the deep class differences that existed at the time - the opulence of 1st class vs the people crammed into steerage. The culture of society was well represented. Rose turned away from that life and her dropping La Coeur de le Mer was symbolic of that. I think it was also evidence that she made a life for herself without having to sell the stone for money - somehow she made a new fulfilling life for herself without using the wealth that she was born to and I'm sure she could've used the money from selling the stone at some point - it would've been much easier vs having to find other means. She lived her life to the fullest - moreso than many women of her generation. I think we should all remember that riches and status symbols shouldn't be what fulfills us in life - althought it does help if you have some.

I thought The Breakup was ok, but I went into it knowing that it wasn't a romantic comedy.

As for Dark Knight, I don't think it deserves best picture at all. Heath Ledger is deserving of a nomination, but I question if he would have actually won if not for his death (I'm assuming that he'll win, of course.)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
For me......"The Dark Knight" and anything with Brad Pitt.........42