Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's The Worst Movie You Seen

I liked Winslet as Rose so long as DiCaprio was not in the shot, she did very well playing off Victor Garbor... actually the entire secondary cast was much better than the two leads...

and I forgot about how awful The Break Up was... it sucked big time.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    KW - I am SO glad I am not the only one who didn't like Titanic or Batman Begins...

I also felt that The Dark Knight was incredibly overhyped...
    I always knew there was a reason I liked you so very much.... If we could just rule the world...(sigh)

I thought The Dark Knight was a snooze. In fact, I fell asleep three times. The Break Up, though, I thought was pretty good. It was one of the more realistic break ups I'd seen in a movie. Plus, Vince Vaughn winking at the end is worth it!!!

Other movies that I thought were way overhyped:

Juno
    Michael Clayton
    The 300

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    KW - I am SO glad I am not the only one who didn't like Titanic or Batman Begins...

I also felt that The Dark Knight was incredibly overhyped...
    I am very proud to say that I have never watched Titanic. Never fancied it, never believed it would live up to the hype. Still haven't watched it and don't think i'm missing out.

I have to say, though, that i love Batman Begins. Ok so the joker didn't kill Bruce's parents in it but i really enjoyed it. I am a sucker for superhero films (except the awful Superman Returns - what a load of crap!).

The Dark Knight - i waited to watch it on DVD. Glad I did wait for the DVD - it was enjoyable enough but i thought the acting (bar ledger) was bad - Maggie Gyllenhaal (sp? ) was a poor, poor substitute for Katie Holmes, and the guy that was her boyfriend was ham-tastic. Ledger was great as the Joker - came across as genuinely crazy - but i as a character I preferred Jack Nicholson's characterisation in the first Batman film.

Ant

Custom Title
    I did not think I would like Titanic but to this day I can say it was the most exciting movie I had ever seen at a theatre. But it was so long. I hated to go to the washroom. That's how good and exciting it was.

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    The Dark Knight - i waited to watch it on DVD. Glad I did wait for the DVD - it was enjoyable enough but i thought the acting (bar ledger) was bad - Maggie Gyllenhaal (sp? ) was a poor, poor substitute for Katie Holmes, and the guy that was her boyfriend was ham-tastic. Ledger was great as the Joker - came across as genuinely crazy - but i as a character I preferred Jack Nicholson's characterisation in the first Batman film.

Ant
    I never saw Batman Begins all the way through. I turned it off because I just didn't like where Bale was taking BATMAN... however I adore his Bruce Wayne.

and I agree that Heath was great as the joker, but Nicholson owned that character... I cannot watch Nicholson without seeing some of those scenes in my head and I'm almost phobic of him (I refuse to sit in the booth at Applebees that has the picture of him in the Joker make up).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchherder View Post

Other movies that I thought were way overhyped:

Juno
    Michael Clayton
    The 300

I also thought Juno was over hyped and a bit contrived IMO

I loved Titanic. For me, it wasn't just about the boat sinking - although they did portray some very well documented elements (i.e. the elderly couple who stayed in their room to die together, that many of the life boats were not filled to capacity, etc.) The movie did a good job at illustrating the deep class differences that existed at the time - the opulence of 1st class vs the people crammed into steerage. The culture of society was well represented. Rose turned away from that life and her dropping La Coeur de le Mer was symbolic of that. I think it was also evidence that she made a life for herself without having to sell the stone for money - somehow she made a new fulfilling life for herself without using the wealth that she was born to and I'm sure she could've used the money from selling the stone at some point - it would've been much easier vs having to find other means. She lived her life to the fullest - moreso than many women of her generation. I think we should all remember that riches and status symbols shouldn't be what fulfills us in life - althought it does help if you have some.

I thought The Breakup was ok, but I went into it knowing that it wasn't a romantic comedy.

As for Dark Knight, I don't think it deserves best picture at all. Heath Ledger is deserving of a nomination, but I question if he would have actually won if not for his death (I'm assuming that he'll win, of course.)

For me......"The Dark Knight" and anything with Brad Pitt.........42

Sitting Here on Blue Jay Way silver.blades's Avatar
    Fool's Gold and 21 were awful as well.

I was reminded today of another terrible flick: The Mirror Has Two Faces starring Barbra Streisand.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Yentl

Yentl? I'm shocked. I that movie. I must say that I also liked The Bucket List which was mentioned earlier.

OTOH, I hated Beetlejuice and just could not get into Edward Scissorhands.

To each his own, though.

I never saw Titanic because I knew the ending.
    The worst one I ever saw was To Be Or Not To Be with Jack Benny. He was a terrible actor.

Another one was Ziegfield Follies. Even if Judy Garland was in it.
    We were in Omaha for Senior sneak day ( 1946). The guys sat in the balcony and the women stayed down stairs. It was so bad the men and women ended up leaving at the same time, unbenownst to either group. It was nothing but models walking around. BORING

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast