TV Alert | Golden Skate

TV Alert

Marine63

Rinkside
Stars on Ice on NBC from 4-6 p.m. est on Jan. 4.:clap:

A skating exhibition featuring performances by Sasha Cohen, Ilia Kulik, Todd Eldredge, Xue Shen, Hongbo Zhao, Yuka Sato, Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon, Michael Weiss, John Zimmerman, Jennifer Robinson, Tanith Belbin, Benjamin Agosto and others. Taped November 29th at the Olympic Center in Lake Placid, N.Y.

That would be Sunday (tomorrow)

I presume this is a promo with all those wonderful skaters out there on the ice, but I doubt if you will see that many of them in an SOI.scheduled show.

However, it is worth a watch. I haven't seen Kulic, Shen/Zhao in quite a while and curious to see if John Zimmerman can handle a solo number unless he is skating with his wife.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On the bright side, all the music should be prerecorded, so that we get to see the skaters the whole time. I do hope that the focus will continue to be on the current cast, not a flashback to the (although great) cast of the 1990's.

We'll miss seeing Kyoko this season, but I think John can handle things on his own in the meantime. He did perform solo very competently in Mike's Foundation show in September.

wonssoyou

Rinkside
Did Jeff Buttle perform this show???? I can't wait to see !!!!!
But I don't live in America... hope to be uproaded it..:rock:

gourry

Final Flight
On the bright side, all the music should be prerecorded, so that we get to see the skaters the whole time. I do hope that the focus will continue to be on the current cast, not a flashback to the (although great) cast of the 1990's.

:agree: I really don't like to see the singer or orchestra while the skater is doing some trick out there...

Brandenburg

Rinkside
A little correction

I presume this is a promo with all those wonderful skaters out there on the ice, but I doubt if you will see that many of them in an SOI.scheduled show.

Sorry, not quite so. All those names listed, except for Tanith and Ben, are 'every stop' SOI cast members this year. Please add to that Jeff Buttle who will be appearing at some stops (as a guest star), not all, as listed on the SOI website. There's no one put into the show just for show on TV (unless there are flashbacks to old tape and they usually make that clear) and the SOI website lists the guest stars, if any, for each individual venue. So it's all quite transparent.

Last year Tanith, Ben, Evan, Kimmie appeared as guest stars in stops after the eligible season was over. I expect that the same will occur this year - those stops are also posted when they're firm so that fans will know who will be guesting at their arena.

Just for the record, Ilia spells Kulik with two "k"s.

Nancy
Kulik's Krew

Last edited:

roundboypete

Rinkside
Just for the record, Ilia spells Kulik with two "k"s.
And a good thing he does! Because with those two k's we can make an anagram of his name.

Puppeteer Fran Allison, of the famous puppet show "Kukla, Fran and Ollie," went through 52 puppets during the course of her long run on television. When the fifty-second Kukla finally wore out, she sat down and made Kukla LIII. :)

Brandenburg

Rinkside
An aside -

When I was very little (2,000 years ago) I was terrified of almost all puppets and clowns with the sole exception of Kukla, Fran and Ollie. I remember them with such fondness. Just to hear them mentioned again makes me smile.

Nancy