> is bcuseae the
> huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but
> the wrod as a
> wlohe.

Thnik the avobe is ture?

Joe:rolleye:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
My boyfriend actually types like that. He has trouble with spelling and such things. For instance "the" is always "teh" and "maybe" is "mabey". I barely even notice it anymore.

Doris and others. The first and last letters have to be correct in the word. Instead of eys, you could put asoblultey = the a and y are the first and last letters.

Kara - I'm like your boyfriend in typing:(

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I had no trouble reading that, Joe. After teaching first, second, and third graders for 32 years, I am used to it.....:) 42

Cool!
In case you didn't notice, I transposed the two o's in that "Cool!";)

That is fascinating. I had no trouble reading at all. So what does this say about Spelling Bees? Useless? Just get the first and last letters right?

I wonder how it would be if you talked the way Joe's example was spelled? I don't think hearing it would be quite the same, lol.

Actually, I read a story once in one of those avant garde literary magazines. The author spelled everything phonetically, like, "Eye went too thu sho and had a onederfull tim." Of course it was more interesting than that. But it was a great device.
Rigrl

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
That's incredible. Now I've got something to say to all those people who commented on my bad spelling!

windspirit

On the Ice
tharrtell said:
That's incredible. Now I've got something to say to all those people who commented on my bad spelling!
Well... if we didn't already have the correct (maybe 'original' is a better word) versions of the misspelled words in our mind, I don't think we would be able to recognize them. If everyone wrote them differently (originally) -- no one would know what everyone else is writing. We create schemas in our mind of all the things we meet in the world. Now, the mind has the ability to fill in the gaps if some details are missing or misplaced. It compares the misspelled words with the schemas it already has, and when it finds something most similar, it makes the connection.