Why Is Scott Hamilton Happy? | Golden Skate

Why Is Scott Hamilton Happy?

skamper23

Medalist
Thanks for the link! Yes I believe that's baby Maxx in the photo....Scott spoke to the crowd at the Lake Placid show and told us he had no idea where baby Maxx got his red hair from!! I'm actually reading his book now (pre-ordered from Amazon..lol..) I just love the way he tells a story. It's almost like I can hear his voice as I read it! Is that weird??

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
not weird at all, skamper - I do the same thing when I read his autobiography

~tapdancer

On the Ice
He's always been my favorite male single skater. I remember him all the way back to 1980, seeing him carrying the flag at the Olympics. When they called him "Scottie"!

I was at the show in East Lansing, MI when he skated with pain, when none of us knew that he would soon be diagnosed with cancer. But I remember that none of us could tell that he was hurting...he was a showman through it all.

I admire him deeply and am so happy for him at this point in his life...with a wife and two sons. He deserves every bit of happiness that he enjoys.

I loved his autobiography, it's true he's quite the storyteller. I felt like I was right there, seeing him grow up, seeing him become the skater he was, experiencing all the highs and lows.

He's special and he's beloved. Skating is a better sport because he was in it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
~tapdancer, you said it better than I've ever been able to... I grew up with Scott Hamilton the pro... I can't think of skating without thinking of him...

Eurofan

On the Ice
I've always enjoyed Scott as a skater, but I am particularly grateful to him for his Chemocare website.