Belbin and Agosto withdraw from US Nationals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Belbin and Agosto withdraw from US Nationals

gold12345

Medalist
Noooo! :no: B/A vs D/W was going to make ice dance at Nationals pretty exciting this year. Now, it will be entirely predictable.

And poor Ben! It's been about a month since the GPF and he's still injured? I hope he can recover soon and make it back in time for Worlds.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am disappointed to hear about B/A withdrawal. I am a fan of this team and I am much more concerned about Ben's injury. Wishing Ben a speedy and full recovery.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Belbin and Agosto withdraw from U.S. Championships

Injury Forces Belbin and Agosto to Withdraw from 2009 AT&T U.S. Figure Skating Championships. This announcement comes from U.S. Figure Skating with articles on both their site and IceNetwork.com

Ben's back is healing at a much slower rate than he had hoped and have not be able to train. They plan to ask for a waiver to Worlds IF the injury heals soon enough for them to be training enough to be competitive.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event_story.asp?id=42408

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
B/A do seem to be losing favor with the international judges while D/W and S/B are gaining favor. It wouldn't surprise me if Tanith and Ben weren't the highest-finishing US team at Worlds.

Tanith and Ben got some pretty tough competition at both their Grand Prix events. The two D/S. D/W got Skate Canada, and they were obviously the best skaters following the withdrawal of V/M. I don't think that they're losing favor. It's just that the competition has gotten stiffer, and their competitors have really improved. B/A just haven't improved as much as their competition.

I hope they'll be going to 4CC at least though, if Ben's injury can heal in time for that. Going to Worlds without competing for 3 months wouldn't be great for them.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I'm very sad for B/A and was so looking forward to the competition between them and D/W. I still had confidence that D/W could win it all and I'm certainly going to feel just as excited and proud of them should they win the title this year. Which I believe they will. I just want them to be relaxed and skate well so they can be happy with their performances.

I also think that Samuelson/Bates have a good shot at silver and that they could even place in the top ten at Worlds. I believe that D/W and S/B could get us the three spots as well. But all remains to be seen!

Injuries have certainly been a factor in ice dance this season. It's beginning to feel like "survival of the fittest"!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I just heard the news. This is very sad, as now they have a record about of consecutive wins at Nationals. I hope he gets better soon.
The title is now Davis and White's to lose. NO MORE DUMB FALLS CHARLIE! I mean it.

samba

On the Ice
I remember that I posted earlier that I was concern when I read that Ben was having back pain with numbness down his (left?) leg during GPF. It meant some serious problem e.g. nerve root compression rather than just muscle spasm or muscle injury. He needs more time for physical therapy. I hope he get better very soon and be ready for Worlds.

lcd

Match Penalty
Injuries have certainly been a factor in ice dance this season. It's beginning to feel like "survival of the fittest"![/QUOTE]

National Championships especially seems to be trouble this season.

Russian Nationals - Dom/Shab withdrew; Doign Euros?
French Nationals - Del/Shoen withdrew; Not doing Euros either.
Canadian Nationals - hopefully Virtue/Moir healthy enough? And will they do 4C?
Italian Nationals - anybody know what happened there? Didn't the #1 team have a bad hand cut at Grand Prix Final?
Now Tanith & Ben
:-(

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, no! :cry: :no: What a bummer! May Ben recover in time for Worlds. I hope they are granted a medical bye to compete there.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Wow sorry to hear this news. Hope he gets better soon. And if they can't compete at worlds...well then I hope he is able to heal and be ready for next season.