Sinead and John Kerr in New York City | Golden Skate

Sinead and John Kerr in New York City

SusanAtLifeskate

Rinkside
I interviewed Sinead and John Kerr and their coach Evgeny Platov when they were in NYC right before heading off to Europeans. I'm a huge fan of theirs and of Pasha and Evgeny so it was a thrill.
http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2009/01/sinead-and-john-kerr-interview-nyc.html
My question is also this: I got some criticism from a forum user (at a different forum) that I shouldn't be posting my own things because it was self-serving and I just wanted to get people to my website. But is this wrong? I mean, I'm a fan, a skater and a journalist, who loves doing video interviews and I'm very proud of how they turn out. Why is it wrong to let people know that I did the story, esp. if the subject is current and relevant? I may be a newbie to forum etiquette so if you guys can educate me, I would really appreciate it, either here or at susan[AT[icedigitalmedia[DOT]net. Thanks!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Susan, please continue posting your interviews here at GS! We will always enjoy them!

Personally, when I translate articles, I do not only give the link to my blog (ptichkafs.livejournal.com), but also post the text here at GS. It is not a requirement, but IMO it enhances the GS forum.

Oh, and welcome to GS!

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thank you, that was a great video and interview. The Kerrs are one of my favorite teams, always nice to hear from them.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Yes please keep posting. Your site looks really great and has some great articles and interviews on it. I would never have know about it if you didn't post these things!!! Thanks for letting us know about it.

And welcome to GS!!

I may be a newbie to forum etiquette so if you guys can educate me, I would really appreciate it...
The only thing that forum ettiquette frowns on is posting links to commercial sites for the purpose of drumming up sales. Otherwise, as Golden Skate MVP Ptichka writes above, go for it! :)

merrybari

Final Flight
I agree also. Go for it! Thanks for opening yet another avenue to information about the sport we love to follow. Can't get enough info these days - any new sources are most welcome.

MissCleo

On the Ice
My question is also this: I got some criticism from a forum user (at a different forum) that I shouldn't be posting my own things because it was self-serving and I just wanted to get people to my website. But is this wrong? I mean, I'm a fan, a skater and a journalist, who loves doing video interviews and I'm very proud of how they turn out. Why is it wrong to let people know that I did the story, esp. if the subject is current and relevant? I may be a newbie to forum etiquette so if you guys can educate me, I would really appreciate it, either here or at susan[AT[icedigitalmedia[DOT]net. Thanks!

That poster at the other forum was quite rude, IMO. I don't see it as a shameless plug. I love finding other figure skating websites and this one is well done :thumbsup: