Is this Jeremy's year?? | Golden Skate

Is this Jeremy's year??

flying camel

Medalist
Let's face it Jeremy had a great season. He comes in as Grand prix final champion. Do you think he can realistically carry that momentum all the way to the National title? Will Johnny & Evan continue to be the front runners or is there a new kid in town?

Last edited:

lmarie086

Medalist
I do hope so. With how well he's skated this year, if he can continue like that at Nationals he very well could do it. If Jeremy does win it will be a sign that he can skate well under pressure, which he hasn't really done yet this season. So I hope he comes on strong at Nationals and doesn't hold back or let nerves get the best of him.

But we haven't seen Evan in awhile. He can't be counted out just based on early season performances. I do think Jeremy is a better skater, but Evan is a strong skater under pressure. He's a good competitor.

Johnny could win as well. I don't see it as being very likely this year, but hopefully he'll have improved since the GP series. I really think his main struggle is a lack of stamina at times, which is why he's constantly leaving points on the table. But he'll be looking to regain the title.

I can't wait for Nationals. :)

It is Jeremy's best season of skating. Should he continue this roll, he does thave the the possibility of winning the gold in Cleveland. However, the previous champions also have a shot at the gold, and there is renewed interest in getting to LA from: Carriere, Rippon, Bradley, Mroz, all of whom have the 'right stuff'.

herios

Medalist
[/QUOTE=lmarie086;359323]I do hope so. With how well he's skated this year, if he can continue like that at Nationals he very well could do it. If Jeremy does win it will be a sign that he can skate well under pressure, which he hasn't really done yet this season. So I hope he comes on strong at Nationals and doesn't hold back or let nerves get the best of him.

But we haven't seen Evan in awhile. He can't be counted out just based on early season performances. I do think Jeremy is a better skater, but Evan is a strong skater under pressure. He's a good competitor. IQUOTE]

Jeremy skated under pressure this year at COR, after he finished 6th in the SP, he had to pull up to make it into the GP and he skated well, finishing second in the LP, so he could pull up and finished 4th in a very tight field.

in Lysacek's case, it will depend how the caller at the Nationals will call his 3 axel. If he is honest, he will penalize Evan. He was nailed in both SA and SC for it. Can he change his technique at this stage ? Well, that is to be seen. I recently watched worlds 2007 from Tokyo on HDTV and when they replayed in slo-mo Evan's 3 axel, he makes more than 1/4 turn on the ice before take off. It's a clear cheat...I am sure he always did that. He got called for it at the GPF in Turin as well, in 2007.

Last edited:

geoskate

On the Ice
I've really liked him ever since I saw his Mozart program about two (?) years ago, so I hope he comes out with two really good skates at Nationals. As for winning the title - this year it certainly is a possibility, but he will have to skate his absolute best.

momjudi

On the Ice
I would like to see Jeremy make the podium after finishing fourth the past two years but to be honest, I'm really hoping to see Johnny on the top of the podium this year.

I would like to see Jeremy make the podium after finishing fourth the past two years but to be honest, I'm really hoping to see Johnny on the top of the podium this year.
I see Jeremy and Johnny both wanting the title of US Champ. If they both skate their best that day, will it be the best of the field? I do not think this can be predicted.

This is not the last Nats before the Olys (one more to come, unlike Worlds). What the USFS wants is to ensure that the 3 selected men will get 13 points in LA.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I really think this is his year. I am half expecting him to win!

Eurofan

On the Ice
I'll be cheering him on. I'm not a big fan of the "fiery, passionate" Fauxshenko thing Lysacek is doing. I'll be okay with it if Lysacek wins again, he'll do well at World's, but I like Abbott better. I still want Weir to Just Go For It in the LP, but I have my doubts. For one reason or another, that doesn't seem to happen. Sometimes I think he'd rather crab about the CoP instead of finding creative ways to use it to his advantage. So, go Jeremy!

lcd

Match Penalty
I think he has already proven ... that "It is his year"... and I don't mean in terms of results or "winning" the title (hopefully am not irritating the original poster ... I 'get' the point of the thread's title.

I am truly hoping it is his year to skate how he can. Results? I am really resisting putting too much of my heart at stake as far as marks and results are concerned. What I hope ... really for all of the skaters, but maybe especially for Jeremy because his short program track record hasn't been the best (as far as putting out the program that he can) that he goes out there ... and just puts out the skates that he's shown he is able to do. Hope he already KNOWS... that this has been "his year"

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Is this Jeremy's year??

Jeremy's been doing very well this season. But I don't know how important a U.S. title is for him. And what he thinks on CoP.

Marine63

Rinkside
I do hope so. With how well he's skated this year, if he can continue like that at Nationals he very well could do it. If Jeremy does win it will be a sign that he can skate well under pressure, which he hasn't really done yet this season. So I hope he comes on strong at Nationals and doesn't hold back or let nerves get the best of him.

But we haven't seen Evan in awhile. He can't be counted out just based on early season performances. I do think Jeremy is a better skater, but Evan is a strong skater under pressure. He's a good competitor.

Johnny could win as well. I don't see it as being very likely this year, but hopefully he'll have improved since the GP series. I really think his main struggle is a lack of stamina at times, which is why he's constantly leaving points on the table. But he'll be looking to regain the title.

I can't wait for Nationals. :)

Jeremy has skated well under pressure this season. He had a 1st and 4th in the GP and won the GP final, so I think he knows how to skate under pressure!:clap:

lmarie086

Medalist
Jeremy has skated well under pressure this season. He had a 1st and 4th in the GP and won the GP final, so I think he knows how to skate under pressure!:clap:

What I meant was that Jeremy wasn't who I expected (and probably others as well) to win CoC, or the GPF. I thought he had the potential to do so, but he's had problems with nerves in the past. I'm really glad that he's shown himself to be a true contender even under pressure though.

I am rooting for him to win Nationals!