Movies "Guaranteed" to Make Me Cry | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Movies "Guaranteed" to Make Me Cry

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I forgot to add "How Green Was My Valley" to my cry list! Awesome movie!

sk8er1964

On the Ice
GoldenLady said:
Another one is Old Yeller; I saw it as a kid and haven't been able to bring myself to see it again since. I know I'd lose it all over again - probably even worse than when I was a youngster.

ITA on Old Yeller - I've seen it as an adult, but have to leave the room when "that part" comes on. Can't read the book, either, without tears.

I don't cry much at movies. The few that I do cry on are:

Increadible Journey (when the boy is waiting for the last dog to show up and he does) HELP Grgranny - how do you spell "increadible" - because that doesn't look right :cry: .

West Side Story (when Tony dies)

and Titanic (Not when Jack dies. What gets me is the Irish guy telling his two little girls when they get into the boat that this boat is for the mommies and kids - and that he will catch the daddy boat later. Gives me chills just writing it. )

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Incredible.

I thought of another one but can't think of the title. It is really old. This 16 year old girl dies and is in the background watching her family, especially her mother. It is really, really sad. I think it has been a stage play a lot.

4dogknight

Final Flight
Watching the Bear/Packer game tonight, another film popped into my mind; Brian's Song.

I know that this is a made for TV movie but for those of us who were there and knew the people and background of this film, well this is an entire box of Kleenex movie.
The only negative comment about this film, and this is only my personal view, is the inclusion of some of the actual players in the cast. But that's another story for another time.

There was a remake in 2001 but it didn't evoke the pathos of the original. There just wasn't the connection between Mekhi Phifer and Sean Maher as there was between James Caan and Billy Dee Williams. And perhaps it's because 1971 was a lot closer to the actual events.

There's so much about the 1971 movie that could have been hokey but the story was played the way it actually happened.

4dk

And speaking of the Bear/Packer game, which we weren’t,
1.) did anyone catch Dick Butkus being interviewed? That man is such a comedic genius and who would have thought it based on his football career - high school, college and pros.
2.) how beautiful the remodeled Soldier’s Field is? I’m so glad they left the colonnades. This is where all football games should be played especially in November, December and January. You haven’t lived until you’ve been in Soldier’s Field with the wind coming in off the lake and the wind chill is minus 25. Ahhhh the memories.
3.) Anyone notice the Pack kinda running out of steam in the 4th quarter. Sort of ties into the stamina thread. (The Pack will win anyway because Chicago is out of miracles this week because of the Cubs. And that too is another story for another time.)