Senior Men's SP | Golden Skate

Senior Men's SP

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know that this segment of the competition won't take place for another 9 hours, but I just wanted to get everything ready. I volunteer to post the scores and rankings, but someone else has to do the play-by-play because I suck at identifying the elements. :p

Starting Order

Group 1:
1. Brennan Martin EO
2. Matthew Penasse WO
3. Jean-Simon Légaré QC
4. Ehren Jaleel AB
5. Louis-Philippe Sirois QC
6. Paul Poirier CO

Group 2:
7. Gary Wong BC
8. Maxime-Billy Fortin QC
9. Ken Rose CO
10. Joey Russell NL
11. Fedor Andreev EO
12. Elladj Balde QC

Group 3:
13. Jeremy Ten BC/YT
14. Ian Martinez QC
15. Kevin Reynolds BC/YT
16. Vaughn Chipeur AB/NT/NU
17. Shawn Sawyer QC
18. Patrick Chan CO

Last edited:

lisou

On the Ice
Plz tell us where the event can be watched for non-Canadians (I'm preparing also).

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
how funny I thought the same thing..."what its started already?!":laugh:

let the nail biting begin!! Can I just say I was thinking about this event last night? Im a mess, I know:p:rofl:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Plz tell us where the event can be watched for non-Canadians (I'm preparing also).

To be honest, I don't know where else you can watch the competition live except CBCSports.ca and BOLD. :think:

You almost gave me a heart attack!

:laugh: Sorry about the stress on your heart. ;)

let the nail biting begin!!

It hasn't even started yet, but I've already worn down my nails! :p

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:laugh: we must have matching nails then, or should I say matching nubs at this point:rofl:

:chorus: My nails are indeed ugly, uneven nubs! :agree:

I'm on cbcsports.ca... but don't see where it's livestreaming.. can someone help? :)

Actually, the Men's SP won't start until 9PM Eastern Time, so you still have to wait a little. ;)

Last edited:

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
It's not a bad idea to take the time to get ready:biggrin:
Nice timing to be back right before the Nationals:p
I am going to use siberia's thread post to provide some heads-up for the man using my scarce notes from the Challenge, if I can still make it out...

Group 1:
1. Brennan Martin EO
N/A

2. Matthew Penasse WO
Very tall and lean, eye-catching boy, I think he's the tallest agmongst the group, taller than Fedor (emphasizing for u know who;)). I had a chest pain from watching his LP, stamina, guys, stamina!

3. Jean-Simon Légaré QC
Beautiful, stretched lines and fluid skating:thumbsup:, I just wish him to have his jumps!

4. Ehren Jaleel AB
Coached by Ben, but quite a contrary to Ben, another artist on ice.

5. Louis-Philippe Sirois QC
Generally good speed.

6. Paul Poirier CO
Lovely programs, my favourite LP choreography wise. But jumps, Jumps, JUMPS, you need to jump and land!

Group 2:
7. Gary Wong BC
Bold performer, good speed across the ice.

8. Maxime-Billy Fortin QC
The guy with a quad! He not only landed the quad (one and only in the Challenge) but also all of his jumps in the LP. Impressive:agree:

9. Ken Rose CO
With another "Take Five" LP, good speed and presentation through out the program, but no 3A. We need some big jumpers!

10. Joey Russell NL
He has a Belly Dancing music LP:p, I like his neat hair cut this year, making some good improvement, getting the 3F+3L down.

11. Fedor Andreev EO
I guess I need to say no more:laugh:

screech

Final Flight
I had a dream last night about Fedor and Patrick's SP. In my dream Patrick missed his 3a but did everything else. Fedor skated clean with a 3a and was the leader after the SP. In reality I want Patrick to win (with Fedor 2nd or 3rd) but I thought I'd share... if it comes true maybe I'll have a future as a psychic?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just have to tell you all about a wonderful surprise I received in my mail box today!!!! I found an envelope which I initially thought was from one of my pen pals, but then I realized the hand writing looked unfamiliar. When I checked the upper lefthand corner to see who had sent it, the address made me go, "Huh?" because I didn't know anybody who lived in Michigan. And then I noticed the name "Fedor Andreev" right underneath!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Fedor wrote back to me!!! (I sent him a fan letter in late June, and I wasn't sure if I'd ever get a response from him.) I'm sooooooooooooooo HAPPY right now!!! What a nice coincidence that I received his reply on the same day that he'll skate his SP at the Canadian Nationals!!! I have a HUGE smile on my face right now; I feel like Fry from "Futurama" who always likes to sing "I'm Walking on Sunshine" when he's in a good mood. That's my current theme song! :party2:

Yes, Fedor is truly FANTASTIC!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Wow, you must be on cloud 9!

Many props and much respect for Fedor to take time out to personally reply back to fan mail. That's sweet! :love::rock:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for your Senior Challenge notes, gopatrick! :clap: A few people were kind of enough to share the Men's SP with us, but for some strange reason no one reported anything about the Men's LP. :scratch:

2. Matthew Penasse WO
Very tall and lean, eye-catching boy, I think he's the tallest agmongst the group, taller than Fedor (emphasizing for u know who;)).

Taller than Fedor??? :eek: He's 6'1", so Matthew must be a giant!

Eye-catching, you say? I must pay closer to attention to him during the competition. ;)

11. Fedor Andreev EO
I guess I need to say no more:laugh:

Don't leave us hanging! His fans are always hungry for any kind of info, however minute. Details, details! :biggrin:

^ Wow, you must be on cloud 9!

I'm as high as a kite! I just hope I can concentrate long enough to post the scores. :laugh:

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Siberia, I am so happy for you,

Any news news has it started yet, I mean the evet does not officially start until Fedor steps on to the ice....:love:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The competition seems to be running late because the warm-up for the 1st group hasn't even started yet.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
That's great, Siberia :).

I just came aboard, nervous for Fedor. I've got to do some other things, but I'll keep checking back to read scores here as they happen.

Oops I didn't mean it's great that they are starting late, I meant it's great that you heard back from Fedor. That was really sweet of him.

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best of luck to Fedor, Patrick, and Shawn . . . I hope they are the top 3 in any order. I'd love to see the points be close as it makes for an exciting competition. :love::bow:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Best of luck to Fedor, Patrick, and Shawn . . . I hope they are the top 3 in any order. I'd love to see the points be close as it makes for an exciting competition. :love::bow:

ITA! :agree:

The warm-up has just ended...