Ladies LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
She landed every single jump, the best performance ever of her career.

She said hi to Korean fans in Korean, thanking them cheering for her at GPF.

amateur

Final Flight
I only caught the second half of Joannie's skate

3lz great
3-3 seuqence not perfect, but done
2a-2a ok
3sal great

the content of her programs is a clear couple of notches above all competitors so far, it's like: "where did she come from?" lol

standing O and she's pleased
seems to have nailed it

3lz-2t-2l great on replay
3f also

131.77 -- 185.35 1st by 10 miles

herios

Medalist
She did a super clean 7 triple program before in London 2005, but this was way much better artistically, this was the best skate of her life, no qiuestion. I had to wait 4 years to see this again!!!! I knew she could do it!

Last edited:

samba

On the Ice
I hope it's on the youtube. Anyway we can watch it in US? I hope she's on the podium at worlds :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sounds like Joannie blew the house down, good for her. I wish I could have seen her live.

rain

Record Breaker
Joannie was awesome and I'm really proud of Cynthia. Though she had problems, she didn't POP anything, which has been a huge problem for her in recent years. Three falls. But landed some impressive triples and nobody beats her musicality.

amateur

Final Flight
Cynthia Phaneuf

c'mon girl....

"Mission Cleopatra" music Asterix/Obelix

3t-2a strong
3lz fall
3lp, forward but i think fine
strong spin
3f fall? (didn't see)
3s fall
3lz forward on landing but she got it!
3t-2t-2l

she's still not "there", but i like that in this competition she seems to be getting some fire into her presentation, finally... hopefully this is further indication of confidence on the rise.

mistakes, but should be a clear second with that

96.26 -- 151.42 and second -- bravo!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MANY CONGRATS to Joannie and her 5th consecutive National title!

Congrats to Cynthia for silver and Amélie for bronze.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Thanks again for all the reports and congratulations to Rochette, good to know that there is still the possiblity of her competing against Asada and Kim for the Top Spot!

Phaneuf fell three times? Isn't that what we normally call a disaster?

madibe

On the Ice
Congrats to Joannie! She will no doubt podium with a similar performance at worlds as long as she fixes her short program. Cynthia is a top ten contender if she skates well. Anyone know what type of PCS's she receives outside Canada?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It says it's not available in our area, USA. I hope somebody will put in youtube, pleeeease:biggrin:

Right, you can't watch the live streaming feed if you're outside of Canada. Right now, the only performances available for those of us outside of Canada are the SPs videos of Chan & Duhamel/Buntin. It appears we will only be able to see the winning performances. I'm patiently awaiting Rochette's LP to become available.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Thanks again for all the reports and congratulations to Rochette, good to know that there is still the possiblity of her competing against Asada and Kim for the Top Spot!

Phaneuf fell three times? Isn't that what we normally call a disaster?

Nah, not by Cynthia's standard. The difference this time is she pushes through to the end of the program and upped her performance level. Earlier this season, she would usually pop 2 jumps (no marks) and fall on another 2 jumps. This time, she completed her rotations and then fell on three jumps. So she did get credits for rotating jumps, which helped her secure No. 2 spot.