Senior Men's LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Senior Men's LP

madibe

On the Ice
What a strange program from Paul Poirier. Interesting that an ice dancer had trouble with the step sequences.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I really liked Poirer - but I think he had too many transitions in that program - the fall on the Flip really looked like he just didn't have enough time to prepare the jump.

herios

Medalist
In a word, no.
I am an English Canadian form Ontario who lives now in Montreal and happen to have learned French very well, but many people tell me how rare I am!

There are many francophones from Quebec who have a decent or good level of English (particularly in the big city of Montreal; not so much in the rest of the province)... but the converse is not true for the English Canadians, other than in Ottawa the capital, and some parts of the small Eastern provinces, and small northern Ontario communities where you'd be unlikely to go. Though there are probably very small french-speaking communities in certain cities in the west, or you'd at least run into quebecois travelers... but the west generally has very little concern with French.

I was ready to reply, yes in Montreal and Ottawa perhaps

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Paul Poirier

Paul Poirier

He is also ice dancer

black dress, in rock music
spin to start,
3loop, beautiful
3lutz,2t, C
3flip,
i love this program, edgy, sophisticated in my eyes
stumble in circular, what's the heck?
2a-3toe combo, strong
3lutz,
3flip, fall on the landing, entry is insanely difficult
3sal, fall again, he is a bit off this weekend.
straight footwork, superb quality, no surprise, a bit rocky at the end.
The fatigue really affected him at the end of the program.
I'm impressed. the quality of the jumps landed is superb.

Marks: 110.20

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
7 Paul Poirier CO
Shirt alternates between black and semi-transparent, black pants

TES: 53.94
PCS: 58.26
-2 Deduction
Total: 110.20

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Big standing O. He got a heart balloon from a fan. You guys should start a Fedor fan club.

I think that's a lips4kiss red balloon:laugh:

Paul is much better than I saw him in the challenge. As he said in the K&C, personal best.

amateur

Final Flight
That program from Poirier was really unique and compelling! wow!
Is is just me, or is there something slight funny about his posture?... as though he's used to leaning into his dance partner or something...

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks so much Fumie-fumie for the pbps' simply awesome!:clap::clap::rock::rock:

I don't want to bother her/him - but does anyone know what the 'c' means in the notations on jumps?

Medusa

Record Breaker
Another comeback performance - how he pulled out the jumps he popped at the beginning, just impressive! Loved the skating, he has very relaxed musical body movements - I really enjoyed it!

victoria90

On the Ice
Wow Paul surprised me. I saw his LP from the JGP of Courchevel and I thought he was going to mess up every single jump.. but no! That was a great LP :clap: Sorry, I can't help to love Paulie :love::laugh:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Jean-Simon Légaré QC

ome movie sound track music

1lutz, popped
3flip, turn out
1loop
2a nice
circular nice, can use some speed, lovely
3lutz from inna bouer
3flip, forward lean
3sal, very nice
3 toe, 2a S
combo spin, very slow
straight line footwork: he blew kisses in the middle of the program for the clapping audience

marks: 101.23

emma

Record Breaker
^ thanks! (duh!!! I should've been able to figure that out - I think I was just too nervous about Fedor).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
8 Jean-Simon Légaré QC
White and black patten on shirt, black pants

TES: 46.65
PCS: 54.58
Total: 101.23

herios

Medalist
That program from Poirier was really uniquehe might be a t and compelling! wow!
Is is just me, or is there something slight funny about his posture?... as though he's used to leaning into his dance partner or something...

Absolutely, his movement is very unique. Very intricate footwork, because of his ice dance training, but he will never be a top single skater, because of the lack of big jumps (3 axel, etc).

I think he will have a bright future in ice dance for sure, think of the fact he is only 17 and he could be at his first worlds in 2 months earlier than Scott Moir with real chances for a top 10.

calbskate

Rinkside
Fedor still in first....I think if he planned to do 3 2A's in his program instead of 3A's, he would have gotten even higher score...all his triples beside axles are so beautiful....but i'm glad he went all out tho

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fedor is now assured of a top 10 finish! :clap:

I wish I could have seen his skate and that of Poirier and Légaré. My internet connection must be too slow to handle the link that was posted. Oh well, hopes for youtube videos!

Medusa

Record Breaker
I loved Ken Rose! Those skating skills! Like Kozuka or Verner. And the jumps at the beginning had so much quality, the spins were great...

But what's with all the swing - jazzy music? They should make a study about what music is used at Canadian / US-Nationals versus e.g. Russian Nationals (there was much more classical music at Russian Nationals as far as I remember).