4CC assignments | Golden Skate

4CC assignments

rain

Record Breaker
Read an article this morning that some of the assignments for 4CC and worlds have, indeed, already been made.

Ladies:
Worlds: Rochette, Phaneuf
4CC: Rochette, Phaneuf, Lacoste

Pairs:
Worlds and 4CC: Dube/Davison, Duhamel/Buntin and they're saving the final spot to see how Langlois and Hay are.

screech

Final Flight
Not too surprising there.

I'm surprised they haven't listed anything for Dance! At least 4CC should be the top 3 teams and maybe worlds V/M and TBD based on 4CC performances?

rain

Record Breaker

I'm surprised they haven't listed anything for Dance! At least 4CC should be the top 3 teams and maybe worlds V/M and TBD based on 4CC performances?

I'm guessing the spots will go to the top three teams. I'm also guessing they're not saying anything about official assignments until the free dance has aired on the main CBC network. They don't want to give it away.

samba

On the Ice

I guess V/M could pass 4CC due to lack of practice time for Worlds. The 2nd-4th could go to 4CC. Most likely, the World teams will be V/M, C/P (based on their good shows at GP) and whoever do well at 4CC since there're no other teams that stand out besides these top two.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess V/M could pass 4CC due to lack of practice time for Worlds. The 2nd-4th could go to 4CC. Most likely, the World teams will be V/M, C/P (based on their good shows at GP) and whoever do well at 4CC since there're no other teams that stand out besides these top two.

Oh, I don't think it's a good idea for Tessa and Scott to arrive at Worlds with zero international competition under their belts for the season. I think they definitely need to compete at 4CC to get feedback from international judges on their programs.

screech

Final Flight
Oh, I don't think it's a good idea for Tessa and Scott to arrive at Worlds with zero international competition under their belts for the season. I think they definitely need to compete at 4CC to get feedback from international judges on their programs.

They should especially do 4CC because it's in Vancouver, isn't it? Even though SC has done some camps there, it'll be different to actually do an actual competition int he Olympics venue.

nadster

Final Flight
Some things should be interesting in dance at 4CC.

1. How will the judges like Virtue/Moir's programs.

2. The Crone/Poirier - Samuelson/Bates rivalry that started at the junior level. I am sure C/P will want revenge from junior worlds.

3. Whoever Canada sends as the 3rd couple will likely finish 6th at 4CC ( even if Belbin/Agosto don't show up). Perhaps it might be good strategy to send Chong/Gfeller instead of Weaver/Poje as Chong/Gfeller definitely need the ranking points and raising their position on the season best list if they want a second GP assignment. Weaver/Poje will likely get 2 GP assignments next year no matter what, Weaver/Poje are right now in the top 24 season best list with some of the teams above them likely to go back to JGP.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is another factor in whether V/M choose to skate 4CC's-the fact that the Finnstep is the CD. Any time spent learning and polishing the Finnstep is time that they can't spend doing some needed polishing of their OD & FD.

In fact, I believe that its V&M's choices that had Shpilband so hot under the collar about the Finnstep at 4CC's.

samba

On the Ice
There is another factor in whether V/M choose to skate 4CC's-the fact that the Finnstep is the CD. Any time spent learning and polishing the Finnstep is time that they can't spend doing some needed polishing of their OD & FD.

In fact, I believe that its V&M's choices that had Shpilband so hot under the collar about the Finnstep at 4CC's.

You're right, I forgot about the CD. They just did 3 run through prior to the Nats, they need more time to polish their FD,OD to be competitive,other wise they could lose to the US teams particularly D/W. I don't think they want to do that. They want to show up at international competition well prepared, unbeatable !:p

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I would think so. Based on reports from Russian Nationals, really only Khokhlova & Novitski skated the Finnstep correctly. And I might have this wrong, but I think they said in an interview that they spent 2 solid weeks on it. It's obviously not an easy dance. And V/M will in all likelihood never have to skate it again, so it's a doubly useless exercise.

It will be interesting to see what they choose to do. All federations that want to send 3 teams can send 3 teams, so there's no "how many slots for next year" considerations with 4CC's.

The upside of V/M going would be to get some international input on their OD & FD.

The downside is that they lose 2 weeks training time on the OD & FD, between the Finnstep and the competition itself. Skate Canada doesn't really need them as a draw since Patrick Chan and Joannie Rochette have done well this year. And with V&M out, Crone Poirier may well medal-it's not like there won't be great Canadian representation in dance.