Kimmie withdraws from Nationals | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kimmie withdraws from Nationals

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Where did you read this? I can't find ANYTHING on the USFSA site or IceNetwork - unless you have to pay for new stories.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Where did you read this? I can't find ANYTHING on the USFSA site or IceNetwork - unless you have to pay for new stories.

Here is the link to the article on the usfsa.org website

http://usfsa.org/event_story.asp?id=42468

And you don't have to pay for it....you just need to scroll down. In addition I think that there were a great deal of links in this thread to stories that appeared in various newspapers about this.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Could Kimmie go to 4CC?

I suppose she COULD, but having not competed at Nats, and having only 8th place finishes to show for her progress this season, she'd have to appeal (I think?), I doubt she'd get the nod even for that event. Besides, if she really is injured enough, would she be miraculously better in just two weeks to really go out there and give it her all? I think not. Better to stay at home. Remember, the only reason Meissner was at 2008 Worlds was because the others weren't old enough. If not, that would have been the end of her season as well.

Can the US send 3 to 4CC's? Not sure, since only 2 are going to the Worlds. So, if we go by the book, I say send 1-2 to Worlds, and 3-4-5 to 4CC's. If anyone in those placements isn't old enough, just skip one down..

Yes, i am pretty sure that three go to Four Continents.

BTW, Alissa Czisny gets to go to the World Collegiate Games by being U.S. collegiate champion, so she at least gets a nice event in any case. Daisuke Takahashi won the University Games two years ago and that gave him enough ISU rating points to win the top cash prize even though he did not win either the Grand Prix Final or Worlds.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the USA only is able to send 2 ladies to 4 Continents this year. Last year Hacker was 6th, Wagner was 8th, and Liang was 11th. Japan and Canada for sure sends 3 representatives. Rochette was 2nd, Leung was 5th, and Phaneuf was 7th. Asada was 1st, Ando was 3rd, and Suguri was 10th.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ahem, guys? Everybody is allowed to send 3 skaters to the 4CC.

Wikipedia said:
Skaters qualify for the Four Continents Championships by belonging to a non-European Member nation of the ISU. Each Member country can enter three skaters/teams in each discipline.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ahem, guys? Everybody is allowed to send 3 skaters to the 4CC.

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks, Medusa. I was under the assumption that 4CC operated the same way as Europeans, that your country's placements total in the previous year determined the number of representatives. Luckily then for Team USA, they will have 3 representatives.

Last edited: