Emily Hughes withdraws from Nationals | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes withdraws from Nationals

Wow. I feel an era ending.

I hope Emily and Kimmie are able to come back just one more time. Though I don't see the next Olympics in either of their futures, I'd like to see each of them end their careers with one good performance...not the disasters that befell them this year. :frown:

Star85

Rinkside
Geez, first Kimmie, now Emily? Neither one were ever favorites of mine, but I always liked seeing them compete. They both have such great spirit, and seem like really nice people. It will be weird having nationals without either of them. The veterans will definitely be outnumbered this year.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sadly, this is no surprise at all to me. I had already predicted that Hughes would finish out of the top 10. The real surprise is that she says, "I plan to resume training when my ankle heals and to compete again as soon as possible."

Last edited:

Star85

Rinkside
Sadly, this is no surprise at all to me. I had already predicted that Hughes would finish out of the top 10. The real surprise is that she says, "I plan to resume training when my ankle heals and to compete again as soon as possible."

Yes, I wonder when she is going to call it quits...

Particle Man

Match Penalty
This is starting to get dismal. I mean, I have seen both Kimmie and Emily several times in person, so I can get over it, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the newer girls I have never seen in person, but still. No more withdrawals, please!! Did any other ladies withdraw so far? Is Alissa still skating?