More TV coverage | Golden Skate

More TV coverage

sillylionlove

Medalist
In addition to the television coverage that NBC will be having this weeked for Nationals....Universal Sports will also be televising some figure skating. Here is the schedule. I am not sure if this is live or on tape. I also don't know if there will be commentary or not but I just thought I would let everyone know.

1/21 9 - 11 pm Compulsary Dance
1/22 9 - 11 pm Pairs short
1/22 11 - 1 am Original Dance

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Thanks so much. You are priceless!

does anybody know if anybody will be showing the ladies LP?
NBC discription says pairs and dance on Saturday and Men's Free on Sunday. I will look up the results live if I wont get to see it on TV

sillylionlove

Medalist
There are two times NBC is showing on Saturday 3-6 which i believe is dance and pairs and 9-11 which is women. The men are on Sunday. No mention if they are going to be showing the short of the men or women.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
In addition to the television coverage that NBC will be having this weeked for Nationals....Universal Sports will also be televising some figure skating. Here is the schedule. I am not sure if this is live or on tape. I also don't know if there will be commentary or not but I just thought I would let everyone know.

1/21 9 - 11 pm Compulsary Dance
1/22 9 - 11 pm Pairs short
1/22 11 - 1 am Original Dance
If it is the same as was done for Skate America, it will be live and there will be no commentary. Thanks for the info as I will definitely try to watch (except for CD - going to the ballet).

gold12345

Medalist
OMG YES! Thank you for telling us this. Universal Sports coverage of Skate America was fabulous. I am so excited now!

gold12345

Medalist
What is Universal Sports and where does one find it? Cable or internet?

It's a sports channel affiliated with NBC. I'm not sure if it's on the internet, but you should be able to find it on your cable, especially since you are in the NY market.

The more people who watch and the more people who write in to thank this channel for their coverage, the more figure skating we should get to see on TV!

sillylionlove

Medalist
It doens't appear tjhat Universal Sports will be showing the ladies short or the men's short. I suspect that we will see some of it during the NBC telecast over the weekend.

If you don't know if you have universal sports on your cable system...go to universal sports and you can search on that site for channels and markets that have universal sports.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Universal Sports is on Comcast here in Connecticut. I don't know if it's available anywhere else.

It doesn't appear that Universal Sports will be showing the ladies short or the men's short. I suspect that we will see some of it during the NBC telecast over the weekend.

So, we can only watch the events after the results are known. Interesting marketing strategy. :scratch:

Last edited:

jcoates

Medalist
Universal Sports in on Comcast channel 207 in the Wasington DC metro area for anyone who's here.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Fortunately, Ice Network will have the Ladies' short. I would prefer to see it on television, but I'll take it. :)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the info. I only have basic cable so I'll be annoying my mom at her place as she has standard lol.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
Does anyone know when icenetwork puts the on demand up? Im hoping to get home in time for the ladies SP but I may be an hour or so late due to work:p Im trying to get out of it but may not be able to.

I checked this morning and it looks like the CD is up already so I assuming that the ladies would be up tomorrow? or later tonight after the competition is done? I hate assuming things because I am usually wrong when I do:p:laugh:

If its up tomorrow I wont worry about racing home cause I can watch the Pairs SP & OD tonight and watch the Ladies & Men's SPs tomorrow.:agree:

Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated :yes::bow:

kate

On the Ice
Some of them have gone up as little as 2/3 hours after the event has finished. I'd say it'll definitely be up by tomorrow morning.

LeCygne

Final Flight
:disapp: I really wish they were showing the Ladies SP tonight. I don't have IceNetwork...

Last edited:

cocovica

On the Ice
Is there any possibility to watch men short program today online? I know there is the daum Tv, but they want password from me...what about justin.tv? Am not from U.S and I would really like to see it, thank in advace;)