38 Michal BREZINA CZE
39 Sergei VORONOV

Buttercup

Record Breaker
12 men have skated and someone has finally cracked 50. Current top 3:
1. Boris Martinec Croatia 54.80
2. Maxim Shipov Israel 48.39
3. Kutay Eryoldas Turkey 48.19

Those are PBs for all three guys. I figure Boris Martinec is through to the LP, the other two are iffy.

Last edited:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
The USFSA probably found it and decided they couldn't have it. Even though they aren't streaming Europeans live. As far as they're concerned, we must wait for their on-demand vids that probably won't even stream properly for those who do have bandwidth, if what I'm hearing lately is any indication.

Trewyn

Medalist
It works for me... It freezes sometimes because of the stupid chat thingy.
And yay! A Belgian is just up! What a coincidence!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Poor Victor Pfeiifer, took forever for his scores to come up and there's no way he'll qualify for the LP with a 47.55.

ETA: four groups done, time for a re-surface. Unless I counted wrong, Nurmenkari, Kovalevski, Martinec and Hilton are already through to tomorrow.

Last edited:

Alex

On the Ice
2nd part of men SP about to start.. Time to get more serious.
Nurmenkari, Kovalevski, Martinec and Hilton are already in the LP. Blommaert, Shipov and Eryoldas hope that 1, 2 or 3 guys will bomb their SP..
5th group is practicing..
Jamal Othman first to go

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Looking at PBs, I think Blommaert has a good chance, Shipov is iffy and the others are likely out.

And Othman's costume is awful.

Medusa

Record Breaker
The French in Tifosi disguise did very very well. I still think he looks a lot like Lysacek.

75,95 - massive score for such a newcomer! 43,90 despite the Loop as the solo jump for TES!

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
I think that was Contesti, he runs for Italy. And he rocked.
:) I know who he is - I am just kidding around. Let's just say he is representing the European Union. Because as far as I know the only connection with Italy he has is having married an Italian woman (?). But I just love it that he actually has a name that could pass as Italian (just like Ponsero could also pass as an Italian family name).

beep_beep

Medalist
Brummer's program was really enjoyable, despite the fall(s) (he cleaned his leg right after that, like meant it...)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The French in Tifosi disguise did very very well. I still think he looks a lot like Lysacek.

75,95 - massive score for such a newcomer! 43,90 despite the Loop as the solo jump for TES!
Yeah, Contesti really rocked.
I thought it was competent and good technically but it did nothing for me. I actually stopped watching after about a minute and a half to go work on something, maybe it got more exciting later on?

While on the subject of scores in general, not re Contesti specifically - is everyone getting a PB today? Sure seems like it, and by big margins for some. It'll be like 2008 4CC where you can't read too much into any PB from this event. Or maybe the ice is just really good and all the guys have had super prep?