Original Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

Eevun

Final Flight
ETA: Zavozin went down :no:
I missed that! Didn't pay full attention, but I saw he looked quite sad when they went off the ice.

Ok, last couple now. Will they beat Kerr, or will they not? *crossing fingers* (Gaah, mum called and I had to run to the kitchen to check food twice! *running back*)

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
Olivier cheering for P/B...aaww

A very good skate for P/B, I only caught a tiny lack of synch on the last step sequence (but those are mine untrained eyes...)

Don't know if the Kerrs will hold on to 3rd... ETA: They actually did, P/B into 4th

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
Wooo!!!! Kerr still in 3rd place!! Keep this position tomorrow!! YAY!

Puh *starts breathing again* Sinead&John made my day, as Brian did my yesterday! Now, Brian can make my evening and Sinead&John my tomorrow! Go go!

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
The Kerrs hung on by the skin of their teeth!!

The french couple actually had 0.2 higher on the tech, but something like just over 0.4 lower on the PCS so it's was literally just over 0.2 difference on the OD.

It will be a nail biting finish in the FD tomorrow.

Ant

beep_beep

Medalist
Results so far (top 8, I'm too lazy to put it all...)
1 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS
99.60 1 1
2 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA
95.06 2 2
3 Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR
92.60 3 3
4 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
91.94 4 4
5 Pernelle CARRON / Matthieu JOST FRA
89.39 6 5
6 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA
86.96 7 6
7 Alexandra ZARETSKI / Roman ZARETSKI ISR
81.81 10 7
8 Anna ZADOROZHNIUK / Sergei VERBILLO UKR
80.52 9 9

Unless someone has a major meltdown (please don't !), looks like gold and silver are a lock and the Kerrs and P/B will fight for bronze

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
P&B's OD is like a shaggy dog joke. It goes on too long to get to the punchline. I get that the first part of "Don't Mean a Thing if It Ain't got that swing" has no swing in it and and is therefore meaningless. So do 30 sec of it, and then get to the swinging! Only they don't. It whines on and on.

It looks like some layers of nylon net were removed from Khokhlova's costume, so she looks less like a Boston lettuce than at COR. (They showed a quick clip of it)

I have to wait till next week when IN has it up :cry:

beep_beep

Medalist
It looks like some layers of nylon net were removed from Khokhlova's costume, so she looks less like a Boston lettuce than at COR. (They showed a quick clip of it)

I have to wait till next week when IN has it up :cry:

There was a lift in which his head is buried inside her skirt. The situation alone was funny... but I was fearing for a crash... perhaps the frabric was removed so that he could see somethig through the skirt...:p

BTW, wasn't it K/N that received a costume deduction last season because the judges didn't think he was wearing pants ?

Last edited:

Eevun

Final Flight
BTW, wasn't it K/N that received a costume deduction last season because the judges didn't think he was wearing pants ?
Was it that really-really-really tight thing that almost looked like tights?

Edit: They received such a deduction at TEB 2007. Thiswas the dress.
But they didn't change costume, and they didn't got more deductions. (Oh, I hated that program, gave me the creeps every time...)

Kerrs were awsome !
K/N were very good (I still think there should be a costume deduction for that thing...)
:laugh: My mum is watching the OD reprise right now:
-"Come here and watch some horrible clothing!"
-"K/N?"
-"Yes!"

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist
Was it that really-really-really tight thing that almost looked like tights?

Edit: They received such a deduction at TEB 2007. Thiswas the dress.
But they didn't change costume, and they didn't got more deductions. (Oh, I hated that program, gave me the creeps every time...)

:laugh: My mum is watching the OD reprise right now:
-"Come here and watch some horrible clothing!"
-"K/N?"
-"Yes!"

Please post a link to a picture of this costume

casken

On the Ice
P&B's OD is like a shaggy dog joke. It goes on too long to get to the punchline. I get that the first part of "Don't Mean a Thing if It Ain't got that swing" has no swing in it and and is therefore meaningless. So do 30 sec of it, and then get to the swinging! Only they don't. It whines on and on.

I completely agree. Their OD bothers me more than their FD.

Frickin' Zhulin.

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
I just saw K/N's costume for the first time....dear G-d who ever designed those costumes NEEDS to have their eyes checked. I mean between his tacky yellow plaid jacket and that awful green dress, with a yellow bra peaking out and gold OH MY G-D so SHINY arm warmers? Those costumes are NOTHING like what they wore in the 40s, they look like something out of a bad epsiode of 'Saved by the Bell'.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a green dress, the dress that Alexandra Zaretski wore is beautiful and elegant.

BY the way my favorite dances were the Zaretskis and the always classy Kerrs.

GO Sibling teams!!!!