senior men short program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

senior men short program

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had such high hopes for Johnny...or should I say I have high hopes for Johnny.

Dee

lmarie086

Medalist
And suddenly, he is here! It's like dreaming. I don't know which skategod suddenly decided that pigs can indeed fly - but I am utterly thankful for it.

He must have worked so hard over the summer, his Axel was a mess last season, now it is rocksolid and also incredibly beautiful.

:laugh: I love that first bit. I'm thankful to whichever skategod decided that pigs can fly too. Hope they keep on flying!

And I love his 3A now, I agree that it looks much improved! I especially noticed it in the LP at the GPF, the way he hit it on just right moment in the music-amazing moment.

shine

Record Breaker
Ditto to Medusa's entire post. And I know there's still the long program, but he has skated that long program clean or almost clean at every competion this season and I am crossing my fingers and toes (and eyes) that he'll do it again! And his axel is indeed a thing of beauty. The first one out of footwork in the LP has such amplitude and ice coverage and clean landing. It reminds me of the axels that Matt Savoie used to do.

stevlin

On the Ice
"I Love Kung Fu?"

Please explain what jeremy meant by that statement about Kung Fu. I tried clicking on the above thingy but all I got was foreign language. Please let me know in English. Thank you;)

skyblue710

Rinkside
Please explain what jeremy meant by that statement about Kung Fu. I tried clicking on the above thingy but all I got was foreign language. Please let me know in English.

I found from the PCF - Korea forum that Coach Tom Z had a game with his skaters and they were in teams based around the characters from "Kung-Fu Panda." Jeremy's team was the Cranes. That was for his teammates.:)

Sounds like Coach Tom is a fun coach from the story.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I found from the PCF - Korea forum that Coach Tom Z had a game with his skaters and they were in teams based around the characters from "Kung-Fu Panda." Jeremy's team was the Cranes. That was for his teammates.:)

Sounds like Coach Tom is a fun coach from the story.

I am assuming all of his faces in K&C were related to Kung Fu Panda as well?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Wall-E is going to kick Kung Fu Panda's butt at the Oscars. :biggrin:

If it doesn't then there will be no reason to trust the Oscars ever again (not that I find that they're that trustworthy to begin with. Stupid policking. We think skating is bad...)

:laugh: I love that first bit. I'm thankful to whichever skategod decided that pigs can fly too. Hope they keep on flying!

And I love his 3A now, I agree that it looks much improved! I especially noticed it in the LP at the GPF, the way he hit it on just right moment in the music-amazing moment.
The guy's strongest impact is the Musicality he brings with the choreo.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Wall-E is quite overrated. They didn't even nominate the best animated film of the year (in the animated category at least) - Waltz with Bashir.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
How is it overrated? The animation is spot on, and it's a different story which is complex in ways you don't expect.