senior men short program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

senior men short program

jcoates

Medalist
I cannot get Ice Network live feed. And they still don't have the ladies' short program up from yesterday. :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if NBC did not embargo the ladies until they broadcast this weekend. I think they did that last year also.

calbskate

Rinkside
warmup for first group started...evan is wearing the same short costume from earlier in the season (I think)...Jeremy looks kinda nervous.....ahhh (although nancy just said he looks really relaxed...haha)

kate

On the Ice
I wonder if because Evan is skating in the first group they wanted a clean ice surface for the TV cameras? Just a shot in the dark, but the USFSA has been dancing to NBC's tune quite a bit... makes sense in my little world.

There'd be a HUGE outcry from the other competitors over that. There's no way USFSA could get away with it.

ANW

On the Ice
this is ridiculous, who do you think you are here?:rofl:
Why r you doing this? Don't you know by doing this, you are actually betray IN and there will be less people to join IN? Therefore, I suggest you should not do PBP.

feraina

Record Breaker
Is Nancy watching LIVE or on a feed like the rest of us? She seemed really impressed by Alissa Czisny last night. I found Alissa to be more in control and focused than usual, but not particularly expressive or fast. And then the scores reflected Nancy's enthusiasm. So I'm wondering maybe she's watching it in person, which could be quite a bit different of an experience than what we are getting on the IN feed.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not saying Evan asked for it... just that for TV camera purposes a clean surface makes more sense since not just Evan but Adam is also in the group... it's no secret Evan's going to get shown on the NBC broadcast even if he bombs tonight.

jcoates

Medalist
Is Nancy watching LIVE or on a feed like the rest of us? She seemed really impressed by Alissa Czisny last night. I found Alissa to be more in control and focused than usual, but not particularly expressive or fast. And then the scores reflected Nancy's enthusiasm. So I'm wondering maybe she's watching it in person, which could be quite a bit different of an experience than what we are getting on the IN feed.

Nancy is in the arena in a broadcast perch.

kate

On the Ice
I'm not saying Evan asked for it... just that for TV camera purposes a clean surface makes more sense since not just Evan but Adam is also in the group... it's no secret Evan's going to get shown on the NBC broadcast even if he bombs tonight.

The draw at nationals is public, though. The other competitors or coaches would know if they somehow rigged to have Evan in the first group, and would be incredibly quick to complain.

jcoates

Medalist
OT -Adam looks a bit like John Curry circa 1976 with the combination of his hair and the outfit he has on tonight.

Warm up over. Here we go!

kate

On the Ice
Evan Lysacek (Bolero)

Big cheers from the crowd
3A nice, but I hate how he scrapes his free leg on the landing of every single jump
3Lz+3T lost of lot of speed, 3T might have been UR
3F solid
Hand motions are a little overkill for Bolero
CiSt nice variety, good edging
CSSp4 fast
FSSp4 a little travelling and then got it under control
SlSt not nearly as complex as Ci
CCoSp4 ok
Good program for him

jcoates

Medalist
Evan - Music Bolero

3a tight (cheat?) ...looks ok on replay
3z-3t clean
3f good
cir step
sit change sit
death drop slight travel
straightline steps
combo spin

good and clean overall
seemed less over the top than in the GP

Last edited:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Evan looks good so far..... beautiful pancake sit spin. He looks pumped and full of purpose.

Not sure about the crosses on the costume: Ravel's Bolero has nothing to do with religious faith. Not offensive to me, just seems to be an odd choice.