senior men short program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

senior men short program

cocovica

On the Ice
Jeremy beat EVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow! this is huge! I think Jeremy is dark horse in this competition! I will not be suprised if he win this all...as he did at GPF:biggrin: (But personally I would like to have him on the second place right behind johnny:laugh:)

missysays

On the Ice
Wow- USFSA sending a message to Evan that he's going to have to prove himself again to be considered top dog in US. There was a time when he would have been in solid first place with that skate.

Tesla

Final Flight
Thank you for the pbps everyone! :rock:

Way to got Jeremy! :rock:

Maybe the ice needed resurfacing? Did they resurface after the earlier competitions?

kate

On the Ice
Stephen Carriere (Metallica)

Weird opening choreography, but nicely executed
3A tilted, stepped out, better than it has been in the past though
3F+3T tilted on the toe, flipped out
CSSp4, some of his position where really on the border of whether they were low enough or not though
CiSt ok, a little slow
FSSp4 with great hop sit in the middle
3Lz slight two-foot
CCoSp4, another great jump in the middle -- he's one of the few who do that
SlSt interesting choreography but probably won't get a high level.

jcoates

Medalist
Stephan Carriere- Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)

3a over rotated and step out
3f-3t step out poss 2 foot on the 3t
sit chg sit
serp steps
death drop
3z low landing
combo spin
straightline steps

Seemed thrown off by the axel mistake. A shame.

Last edited:

emma

Record Breaker
WOW YEAH Jeremy!!!!!

But seriously, I have to ask again, are these high scores for a SP without a quad?

london_calling

On the Ice
Not a perfect skate from Stephen (two step outs) but still good. I think he has improved a lot though from last year.

kate

On the Ice
Are any US men planning a quad this competition... anyone know?

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan Bradley goes for it since it's his only real shot at the world team, but unless they fall way behind in the short, Johnny, Evan, and Jeremy would be stupid to try it.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Wow- USFSA sending a message to Evan that he's going to have to prove himself again to be considered top dog in US. There was a time when he would have been in solid first place with that skate.

Personally I disagree here a bit. Abbott just won the Grand Prix Final with a score way higher than something Johnny or Evan have ever gotten internationally. The international judges made it clear with their scores that they think Abbott is the best US men's skater. Why wouldnt' the USFSA judges listen to that.

I think rather, they are open now to annointing Abbott. Thus the idea that Jeremy is the dark horse here, and it would be an upset is ridiculous.

ANW

On the Ice
I believe it's the US judges are taking cues from international panels.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Personally I disagree here a bit. Abbott just won the Grand Prix Final with a score way higher than something Johnny or Evan have ever gotten internationally. The international judges made it clear with their scores that they think Abbott is the best US men's skater. Why wouldnt' the USFSA judges listen to that.

I think rather, they are open now to annointing Abbott. Thus the idea that Jeremy is the dark horse here, and it would be an upset is ridiculous.

Well it would be an upset in that Evan has won this event for the past two years.

kate

On the Ice
Adam Rippon (Air on a G String, Storm by Vanessa Mae)

3F+3T slight hitch on landing, but otherwise nice
Nancy, please learn how to pronounce things
1A
Great outside spread eagle
'tano 3Lz! very nicely done
CCSp4 very nice (much harder than a sit)
CiSt nice, great arm movements
CCoSp3, he spins so fast I'm having trouble catching levels
SlSt very nice
FSSp4, beautiful arm variations on twist.